PDA

View Full Version : FUN!

jellydonut25
July 8th, 2011, 02:32 PM
This book was a really fun read, ESPECIALLY because it was the first thing I ever read on my Kindle. It was basically like Stephen King welcoming me to the world of owning an e-reader. I wish my Kindle had an UR function, though.

GNTLGNT
July 17th, 2011, 05:18 PM
I'm still waitin' on the consarned thing to actually be released on PAPER...me and the dinosaur will enjoy readin' it...

CaptainBaccarat
August 9th, 2011, 09:29 PM
I enjoyed it too. I kept thinking of a college professor of mine from years ago, and I found it humorous placing him in the main character's sitaution :smile2:

Mr. Palmer
August 11th, 2011, 03:55 PM
I still haven't read (or heard) this. I just downloaded the Amazon Kindle (in anticipation of MILE 81), though. So maybe it's time to rectify this situation...

randallFlaggfan1
August 25th, 2011, 03:27 PM
I still have yet to either read or listen to Ur, either..

("All things serve the Beam")

Aericanwizard
August 25th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Just finished listening to it. Great story.

I was browsing in my library, when I turned around, and there was the audio book. I thought "Hey, that's the book that isn't in print unless you own a Kindle." Which I don't. So Yoink! I grabbed it, and listened to it in the next couple of days. If you're on the edge about whether or not to go through the hassle of downloading the Kindle app to your computer, or of finding the audio book, the story is a fun one.

Long days and pleasant nights.

Mr. Palmer
August 29th, 2011, 12:43 PM
I finally got around to reading this. I thought it was a very good story. And I was surprised to learn it's associated with THE DARK TOWER. Easily recommended.

Srbo
September 22nd, 2011, 10:08 AM
I finished listening to the story last night.
Fun is not the right word...UR is mesmerizing.
What a cool idea, and very, very, very well written. Holter Graham also did a fantastic job reading it.
IMHO, this novella is actually better than all the stories in FDNS and one of Uncle Stevie`s great masterpieces!

mattgreenbean
January 5th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Hope to hear this guy do some more SK audiobooks, thought he did great.

no10pin
February 16th, 2012, 03:03 PM
I just finished listening to this, and I loved it. I thought it was a great short story, and of course I loved the connections to the Dark Tower.

I can tell you that Holter Graham has done at least one other SK book, because I just finished listening to it right before this one. It kept tripping me up while I listened to UR, because Graham used a VERY similar voice for Robbie and Arnie Cunningham in Christine. I kept expecting Robbie to start freaking out because of that... :smile2:

Wolfflet
June 5th, 2012, 08:16 PM
I finished listening to the story last night.
Fun is not the right word...UR is mesmerizing.
What a cool idea, and very, very, very well written. Holter Graham also did a fantastic job reading it.
IMHO, this novella is actually better than all the stories in FDNS and one of Uncle Stevie`s great masterpieces!

I read it on my Kindle, but now I think I might listen to it as well. Thank you!

Daniel Lee Severn
June 14th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Great story, loved it.

Seb Shaw
December 19th, 2012, 02:44 PM
It was a great, fun and entertaining short. I think it's great how King always updates and sets the pace with both the narrative and his real world initiative.

tmac61
December 19th, 2012, 02:58 PM
I've listened to and really enjoyed the audiobook.

Evil Queen
September 9th, 2013, 06:43 PM
I listened to this story over the weekend, what a great story! I did enjoy it very much. Low men in yellow coats! What a surprise! This is why I won't get an ereader anytime soon. :D

Evil Queen
September 9th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Actually, I wish I had one of those kindles, all those stories! One would never be bored. :D

Neesy
September 9th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Actually, I wish I had one of those kindles, all those stories! One would never be bored. :D

Ask Santa Claus - they don't cost all that much really

http://www.pbs.org/mediashift/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/import/i-75e1572b5cb42f47d8c8fe7de259d02f-KindleReading.jpg Maybe something to get for Christmas? I know I am starting to sound like those retailers - rushing things but I must meant maybe put it on your list for Christmas! :haha:

Evil Queen
September 9th, 2013, 07:10 PM
ha!ha!..thanks Neesy :D Actually, I want the one that's from the story, with all kinds of stories from the well known authors, such as Poe, and I want to be able to download stories without charging my real credit card. :D

Evil Queen
September 9th, 2013, 07:12 PM
ha!ha!!! :D I'm teasin'! Actually, lately I've been finding myself flirting with the idea of having a relationship with an ereader. I find the idea of having all those stories available at my fingertips exciting...oh, for shame! :D

Narvic
October 22nd, 2013, 07:41 PM
Just read this myself and as others have commented it was cool how it ties in to the Dark Tower.