PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia...11/22/63 connections *spoilers*

champ1966
August 15th, 2012, 02:45 PM
I read somewhere that Ralph Roberts was mentioned in 11/22/63,but I can't find it.I have only looked in the Derry section though to be honest

If anyone has seen this please let me know where.It would be very much appreciated

The only connections I could find were that when Ralph and Lois save Patrick Danville (amongst others) from the burning building.Patrick says to his mum "Look Mama!"..."Angels".And when Jake phones Harry's sister back in the present after his botched attempt at saving them all,she says "Harry said it was his good angel"

Also,most of the times when Ralph,Lois,Clothos or Lachesis use the portosan portal there always a wino about (Yellow Card Man?)

If anyone knows of any other connections between these two books I'd be very interested to hear them

GNTLGNT
August 15th, 2012, 04:01 PM
...I remember grinning over it old buddy...but cannot for the life of me remember where...half-heimers strikes again...

pennywise74
August 16th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Don't know any connections between them two books but noticed Mike Hanlon is mentioned from IT.

champ1966
August 16th, 2012, 11:25 AM
There's lots of IT references,I'll start another thread for Insomnia/ IT connections just in case anyone hasn't read all three books

Manxkitti
August 16th, 2012, 12:28 PM
There is a It connection, I know of. 11/22/63 does mention Ritchie, Bevvie and Ben from It

SharkGunslinger1999
December 12th, 2012, 01:13 AM
I don't know where Ralph was mentioned..... so here's another strange picture I made!

Box Office Poison
May 26th, 2013, 06:48 AM
I just finished Insomnia yesterday, & even though I noticed quite a few IT references (Mike Hanlon, & the Derry civic centre being designed by Ben Hanscombe, amongst others) but I didn't recall Ralph Roberts being mentioned in 11/22/63...I will have to go back & have a look through it. I must admit, when I started reading Insomnia, I thought the name was familiar, but then I recalled another book that I have read (not one by Stephen King, however) which also featured a character called Ralph Roberts. I really enjoyed this book, by the way!

FlakeNoir
May 26th, 2013, 07:06 AM
I just finished Insomnia yesterday, & even though I noticed quite a few IT references (Mike Hanlon, & the Derry civic centre being designed by Ben Hanscombe, amongst others) but I didn't recall Ralph Roberts being mentioned in 11/22/63...I will have to go back & have a look through it. I must admit, when I started reading Insomnia, I thought the name was familiar, but then I recalled another book that I have read (not one by Stephen King, however) which also featured a character called Ralph Roberts. I really enjoyed this book, by the way!

I don't remember Ralph being mentioned in 11/22/63 either. :dunno:
(I'm sure I do suffer from Memory-Like-A-Goldfish syndrome though, so probably not a surprise if I've missed it.)

RichardX
June 10th, 2013, 08:51 AM
I seem to recall that Ralph makes an appearance in Bag of Bones. But that is from memory.

AchtungBaby
June 10th, 2013, 12:25 PM
I seem to recall that Ralph makes an appearance in Bag of Bones. But that is from memory.
He did.

champ1966
June 11th, 2013, 01:33 AM
There's my mission for the next 2 days

champ1966
June 11th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Found it.Page 56 "I looked up and saw an old man that i knew but couldn't quite place"

""Ralph Roberts" He said "I volunteer down at the red Cross.Me and my wife Lois""

Thank you RichardX

AchtungBaby
June 11th, 2013, 09:01 AM
He also asked Mike if he was dealing with Insomnia, right?

champ1966
June 11th, 2013, 12:14 PM
He also asked Mike if he was dealing with Insomnia, right?

"Count on it.Everything going alright? I only ask because you look tired. If it's insomnia,I can sympathize believe me"