PDA

View Full Version : insomnia, the movie

Rosemarie Alfano
July 3rd, 2013, 02:00 PM
im hoping mr. king reads these posts,because i have an idea for a movie.
i love the book insomnia,i believe it would make an incredible movie or mini series.
can you imagine if it was done in black and white,until ralph goes up a step and then everything explodes in vivid color,all the balloon strings and auras!!! when he steps back down,we are back to black and white.
this movie could be the "wizard of oz" for our generation!!!
please if you know mr. king,please give him this idea,i really think it would be an incredible movie.

GNTLGNT
July 4th, 2013, 07:05 AM
if you know mr. king

...no-one truly knows The King...if that is indeed his real name!...

nate_watkins
July 4th, 2013, 08:10 AM
There's already a movie titled Insomnia. But it's not based on the book... :oops:

Justashortimer
July 8th, 2013, 09:52 AM
im hoping mr. king reads these posts,because i have an idea for a movie.
i love the book insomnia,i believe it would make an incredible movie or mini series.
can you imagine if it was done in black and white,until ralph goes up a step and then everything explodes in vivid color,all the balloon strings and auras!!! when he steps back down,we are back to black and white.
this movie could be the "wizard of oz" for our generation!!!
please if you know mr. king,please give him this idea,i really think it would be an incredible movie.

This is a great idea! :smile:

CCAL
July 8th, 2013, 02:10 PM
I'd love to see Insomnia-based on the book ofcourse....why hasn't thisa happened yet?? its beyond my comprehension. course I'd love to see Duma Key and Liseys Story too (cant you just imagine that longboy?)

Whit
September 13th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Insomnia is one of my very favorite SK books. That said, I do hope this story isn't made into a movie UNLESS there is an apt director who can take a long super detailed story like this and spin it into something that does the book justice. Trying to stick to the details of the book would be a bit cumbersome and trying to fit such a story into 2 or 3 hours of film would definitely see some parts left completely out or shortened to the point that they should have just been left out. Like another poster said, this book would have to be done in a series of films to be done any kind of justice. I just don't think there are directors willing to do this that would be up to the task. :down:

It's such an awesome story and concept I can't even begin to imagine what the movie would be like if done well and true to the book! JMO