Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Newcomers, Please Read...

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Newcomers, Please Read...

Default Newcomers, Please Read...

Hi! It occurs to me that I owe you guys an apology. When I first joined, I was delighted by every single response that lovely people took the time to post on my Newbies Start Here thread ... People like Volic and John Dalglish and Cowboy, who make it a point to greet every newcomer to this message board. It made me feel very welcome. I haven't done that...

The problem is that I am incredibly lazy. I do read many of your posts, but I'm too lazy to come up with an individual response to them... And I'm sorry. Unfortunately, I can't promise that I'll change. You see, there is so much to read and do here at this site, that I'm unlikely to start responding on a regular basis... Sorry. But, the thing is, you are most well come. Each and every one of you.

I am delighted that you are here. We all are. Come join the party over in the Cantina and Patio. Check out the stacks in the Library. Join the discussions over in Books. Vote for the U.S. President or the Red Sox over in Surveys. New opinions and information are always welcome. You are always welcome. You'll find a wise and witty Moderator (and yes, we all have to wait before our posts show up. It isn't just you. They'll get there.) There are some wonderful wolves, a very smart super hero, a newly in love couple, and many caring and thoughtful people no matter where you go here. You may find a few Yankees fans, but hey... They are mostly harmless.

So, please consider this my blanket welcome to any and all newcomers. You are all invited to snuggle in under it and forgive me for my laziness. I look forward to chatting with you soon.

Most sincerely yours,

MrsSmeej

Default Re: Newcomers, Please Read...

Well said Mrs.Smeej!

Hi,

When I first joined the MB the number of responses (the number of members) were much smaller than they are nowadays, but, like you, I was delighted with the welcomes from Volic and Spidey, so I decided that I would join them in welcoming new members, as it really knocked me out receiving such a warm welcome from them. So I try to welcome Newbies whenever possible.

And you're forgiven, MrsSmeej.

Long days and pleasant nights

Well said!

Nice idea

A blanketing welcoming committee.............now for our group hug (((( () ))))

What she said!

Ms. Mod or Jordan... can you sticky this one?
    The treasure of a life is a measure of love and respect/The way you live, the gifts that you give/In the fullness of time/It's the only return that you expect

Good idea, Tery. It's not pinned.

Ms. Smeej-
    What a great welcome! I had no idea what to do when I first started posting, so I just jumped in. It would have been better, maybe, if I'd started in this thread. First time message board person that I am, I'm glad that I picked this one (she said very ungrammatically)!

WELCOME ALL!! You won't be sorry!

I rarely ever stop in there either, although some of the most fun posts I've ever read were the newbie introductions.

I'm too busy being a wild animal in here most of the time, in all honestly, but at least my heart is in the right place I suppose.

She's totally right though. There's plenty to read here always, and plenty of room to speak your mind too. I often stay completely entertained just by clicking on the 'new posts' tab, and picking a few of those discussions to blather my long-winded opinions into.

Whatever you do, remember, ya can't really do it wrong. I'm living proof. Ms. Mod will keep your posts from ever seeing the light of day if they are nasty or overly confrontational, and having that happen a time or two is a great guide as to what is welcome here.

But hell, it is a Stephen King based site, so type whatever you feel. I don't think he'd have it any other way. And just between you and I, I'm pretty sure he does keep tabs on what his massive online family has to say. One of my favorite things is looking at a post I've made that actually is witty or intelligent, or really shows the core of what I feel, and thinking King wouldn't feel his time was wasted from happening upon it at some point. I crack a smile at his works nearly every time I see one, in one way or another. If I managed to give that back to him in here at some point, I'd be more than happy.

Not to mention, we're all birds of a feather of a sort, to have even ended up here really.

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast