Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Website Suggestions

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Website Suggestions

Cool Website Suggestions

Any suggestions for the website, i.e. stephenking.com, should be posted to this thread.

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Default Re: Website Suggestions

well, if i have a problem or question about the site, who am i supposed to email to ask? it doesnt seem to be clear. i could post something on the message board, but i dont want fans like myself to answer my questions, i want stephen, or someone speaking for stephen to. my concerns for now are
    1) i heard stephen's going to the movies book is going to come out soon, how come i cant find anything about it on this site?
    2) also, the stand and dark tower release blogs, DONT TELL YOU WHEN THEY WILL BE RELEASED, anyway to make that happen, cause right now they are just pointless. for instance the fourth installment of the stand just says december, its the 31st right now so . . ..
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)

Quote Originally Posted by Cognac View Post
    well, if i have a problem or question about the site, who am i supposed to email to ask? it doesnt seem to be clear. i could post something on the message board, but i dont want fans like myself to answer my questions, i want stephen, or someone speaking for stephen to.
    At the bottom of every page is a link titled Contact Us that you can use if you can't find the answers on the site itself. Chances are they are, though.

1) i heard stephen's going to the movies book is going to come out soon, how come i cant find anything about it on this site?
    It's currently in the Future Works section and we'll be moving it to the Coming Soon spot on the Home page as it will be out on January 20th.

2) also, the stand and dark tower release blogs, DONT TELL YOU WHEN THEY WILL BE RELEASED, anyway to make that happen, cause right now they are just pointless. for instance the fourth installment of the stand just says december, its the 31st right now so . . ..
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)
    It may have been updated since you posted your question, but on the Home page it's in the section New in Stores. Anything that's there means it's available in stores now. The log also says Now in Stores.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120121 Firefox/3.0.5

Default What about a fan-art section ?

It could be a good way to show how we love SK,no ?

Pics,musics,vids,anything you want...

C'mon,don't tell me you're not all artists,I would not believe you...

Let's do it !!
    Moderator's Reply:
    We're looking into incorporating this into the main site, but not the message board. Once I've made some more progress, I'll make sure to post a link on the board.

-- Jordan

Default Re: What about a fan-art section ?

That would be a good idea.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5

Is there a central repository where we could find links to various interviews with the Great Man: newspaper interviews, articles, video interviews etc? If not, is this something you guys would consider?
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30)

Right now the ones we have are mixed in with the News (and News Archives). We have had discussions about how best to do this in a dedicated spot but haven't come up with a final solution. One of the problems is that after time, the links are often taken down by the source site. For print interviews, we need to get permission in order to reprint them. We're trying to include references in the bibliography that is slowly being put together on the Admin side.--my finding time to keep at that has been the issue there. A long way of saying not yet, but we're working on it.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120121 Firefox/3.0.5

Hi Ms. Mod,
    I have a suggestion for the site. I'm an aspiring writer and I know there are other writers on here as well. I would really like a specific category for us to correspond with each other, you know advise, encouragement, etc. What do you think?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.13) Gecko/2009073022 Firefox/3.0.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

There is a Social Group that serves that purpose. Once you've posted 10 messages, you'll be able to join in that forum.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2

Talking Re: Website Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Hi Ms. Mod,
    I have a suggestion for the site. I'm an aspiring writer and I know there are other writers on here as well. I would really like a specific category for us to correspond with each other, you know advise, encouragement, etc. What do you think?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.13) Gecko/2009073022 Firefox/3.0.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
    Agreed. Why not have a thread section called the craft available to everyone who comes to the board? Honestly, that's all I really want of this site - discussion on language, phrasing, the work flow of story making, editing processes, idea forming, ect . . .
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast