Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Reading Storm of the Century

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reading Storm of the Century

Default Reading Storm of the Century

I picked this book up in NY, thinking that it was just an ordinary novel I've missed and discovered it was more of a TV screenplay. This makes it a bit hard for me to "Get Into the Book" and I am contemplating giving it up. Shuld I hang in there? Does it get easier to read the story like a story?

I can't even see the TV film to help me follow it better. It was never aired in my country.

Default Re: Reading Storm of the Century

I bought it right after watching the tv movie. I was surprised that it was a screenplay too. I can't help you when it comes to whether or not you should finish reading the book since I never attempted it. Have you tried looking on youtube for the tv movie? I think it's available on dvd too (not positive though).

I think reading a screenplay is a marvelous way of being introduced to an alternative means of imagining the story as it progresses. It's a twist on reading a play. Even though the dialogue may seem stop/start with stage directions or specific shot sequences, it's still what the screenwriter or playwright intended all along.

It's when the director comes along and makes edits, or the screenplay is handed off to a more senior or experienced screenwriter for revisions, that creative liberties are taken with the original intent.

Have you tried hulu.com? I wouldn't know if it's there, but there seem to be a load of TV episodes on that website. Maybe there are mini-series as well.

I really enjoyed reading it. Just lately in fact. I've never seen the movie but intend to.

I enjoyed reading the book as written, kinda like Sorry Right Number in Nightmare and Dreamscapes. Danivan do yourself and favor and watch this mini series. Just wonderful stuff.

Personally I don't like reading screenplays, just a preference.
    I'd like to see Stephen King write it as a story.
    It probably would help if you saw the movie though.The DVD is on the market, Amazon has it and it's also available at Netflix. I checked Hulu (I love Hulu) but it's not there.
    Here's a link to Hulu btw
    http://www.hulu.com/movies

After seeing it a few times and doing numerous searches, I finally got my hands on a copy of the screenplay. At first, I admit it was a bit odd reading, as I was used to the more common format. I think it would be difficult to read having not seen the movie. As I read, I kept picturing that particular scene in my mind, and I think it helped it flow better. And Andre Linoge's teeth were freaking rocking in the movie-it's difficult to get that in a screenplay.
    So, um, yeah, I guess I didn't really help answer your question, now, did I?
    Sorry!

Does anybody know where I can get the book? Is there an ebook?
    Here it´s hard to get the movie, so the book is impossible...

It´s not very common to find the books that still haven´t been translated to Portuguese (and some of the translations arent´good AT ALL ¬¬) .

I got lucky and found it at a local library.

Sorry, I know that's not much help!

I found the book at a used bookstore. It's in great condition, and a friend gave me the movie for Christmas. I enjoy reading the book, and watching the movie.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast