This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: what is god to you/what do you revere?

Default what is god to you/what do you revere?

What is god to you?

Is god no more than a superstition? Do you look toward the clouds after hearing the preacher talk about ted nugent and cat scratch fever? What the hay is cat scratch fever? And do you wonder just what the hay he was talking about when he spoke about the cedars, that one man saw profit there, while the preacher, good man that he is, saw a kind of beauty he has the luxury to enjoy? And they passed around a plate at the end of it all, i didn'’ have a penny to pay. sO i got me a pen and a paper, and I made up my own little sign…

Men to whom god is dead worship one another. So wrote the crews, gospel singer, circa 1968. Wonder how ole harry is doing today, probably retired.

How does one take hold of the concept of god? How does one arrive at more than a superstition? Or does one leave god out of it all, now and forever, amen?

Or do you think, yeah, well, there’s time. I can make do there at the last moment. And for all we know, that works. Take hold at the last moment.

Or are you one of those that does not credit a “god”? I mean, look around, right, walk into any flavor of ice cream you think you might like and where does it lead? May they all go to hell, except for cave 19? Cave 19 is living la vida loco. Walk into one or ten, not one in ten is in agreement. “Even now, one laughs.”

Or do you figure god is an evolution of things, of thought, of the times?

Curious is all. Lately, I’m wondering if my own faith is nothing more than superstition. Strike me dead kinda thing, quick glance at the cloudy sky.

Default Re: what is god to you?

Having been to the places I've been, to have survived the things I've survived, I say God is everything.

Life is all up to fate or Ka if you like

God is too big to symbolize I think.

He's everything to me and I never doubt Him.

In my youth I had blind faith. In my teens I had faith, but I wasn't sure what in. In my twinty's I questiond my faith. I'm now in my thirty's. I don't have blind faith because I've seen too much. I know there's a god because I've seen him work miricles. This summer my aunt started atending a new church. She tried all summer to get me & my mom to atend. We finaly did in the begining of Augest. It turnd out to be the church I went to as a child. I've only missed two Sundays sence. The first that wednesday I almost broke my leg. The second I woke up about 4:00 p.m. thinking I was having a heart attack (It was acid reflux). I think some one is trying to tell me something.

What is God to me ?

Pure and simple, one Word:

Love.

kjhkjhkhj
    Last edited by Brian; February 21st, 2013 at 01:29 PM.

Question Re: what is god to you?

Personally, my God is my life...literally. I would be dead without my faith in the Lord. Some on this thread know what my life used to be; I was suicidal many times growing up because of how my childhood was, and it was knowing that God was there for me every step of the way that kept me from using the gun, the rope, or jumping from the high place.
    God and Jesus are always, without fail, there to help me through anything and everything, and I know for a fact that God brought my husband and I together...I don't know how I could ever get by without that kind of never-ending Love and support.

actual history & humanitarian feats are my god. Not ever when $, politicians, media & clergy plagiarisms are combined (in any shape or form). Please read Robert Ingersoll's & Thomas Paine's writings for more info.

without being crucified by people ... I am not a believer in God at all. So ... no superstition, no worship, no nothing

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

A rather silly word for supposedly such intelligent creatures to kill one another over.

That "God Is Lve" thing I grew up hearing so much about, seems to be rather quite laughable, you know, if it wasn't so freakin' tragic, but then maybe I don't quite understand the definition....us agnostics are so easily confused that way.

God's my mate. We go for a pint now and then.

Seriously...I have no time for organized religion. That's not about faith and worship, it's about control and manipulation. IMHO (gotta remember to be humble! lol).
    Folks seems to squawk a lot about 'Evolutionary Theory' and 'The Big Bang Theory'. Newsflash: Evolution has been observed to take place (and the funniest thing is, most folks don't even realize they've observed it too!) and the background 'echo' to the Big Bang has been caught, as has other evidence that it all really happened. So they're not theories anymore.
    Now, the question then is, who or what created the Big Bang?
    For that, I am happy to shrug and say 'God'. So that means God, in a sense, did 'create' everything. He created the processes that run the universe, of which evolution (perhaps His greatest miracle) is one.
    Also on the basis of that belief, I have scant time for the holier-than-thou folks that insist evidence against their blinkered view (Earth is only 10k years old, etc) is some kind of massive conspiracy. Indeed, I wonder what price they might pay in the end for denying the true scale of God's work.
    Science is our way of exploring and discovering His creation in terms we can readily understand (or sometimes, barely understand but grab some hold of nonetheless).

And that's me. Almost literally. I feel sort of bare right now...

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast