This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big mistake in Colorado Kid?

Default Big mistake in Colorado Kid?

When Dave askes the widow about the russian coin in the kid's pocket she says the closest he ever came to russia was renting a james bond movie from the Blockbuster.

In 1980 ???

Default Re: Big mistake in Colorado Kid?

We posted this message from Steve back in 2005. His comment should include all of the other "continuity errors" such as you've mentioned.

“The review of The Colorado Kid in today’s issue of USA Today mentions that there was no Starbucks in Denver in 1980. Don’t assume that’s a mistake on my part. The constant readers of the Dark Tower series may realize that that is not necessarily a continuity error, but a clue.”

OH MAN! That got by me. I have to read this one again. I guess I should read the dark tower series also....

Quote Originally Posted by mrblonde View Post
    I guess I should read the dark tower series also....

Hi,

Yup.

Long days and pleasant nights

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    We posted this message from Steve back in 2005. His comment should include all of the other "continuity errors" such as you've mentioned.

“The review of The Colorado Kid in today’s issue of USA Today mentions that there was no Starbucks in Denver in 1980. Don’t assume that’s a mistake on my part. The constant readers of the Dark Tower series may realize that that is not necessarily a continuity error, but a clue.”
    I'm having a bit of trouble with that quote. I thought the story was written for a crime story magazine, but he seems to be implying that it took place in an alternate universe. Not necessarily mutually exclusive, but an odd coupling of genres.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post

A cynical person might point out the convenience of this particular "catch all."

And one who is familiar with Stephen's body of work would know that tying them together is something he does frequently. They would also be familiar with some of his characters having the ability to cross over into parallel universes.

Ms. Mod doth speaketh the trutheth, andeth that'seth aeth facteth!(Oh God No!-the squirrels are loose in the keyboard again....)

Quote Originally Posted by Pucker View Post
    A cynical person might point out the convenience of this particular "catch all."

Beat me to it, and by nearly 3 years! I'm just read the book now and got to that line and had to see if there was a thread about it.

For what it's worth, Blockbuster was around in the 1980s.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast