This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite

Default What is your favorite

I have a copy of Nightmares and Dreamscapes sitting on my to read pile. I am just wondering if anyone would like to share with me what their favorite story in the collection was.

Default Re: What is your favorite

I have always been very partial to Suffer the Little Children.

Some people like to say there's no such thing as a bad child, but when they're in groups, children can get up to some pretty nasty shenanigans.

Sneakers-it truly gave me the willies(and the hand jive too...)...

Definitely the one I still remember clearest is The Moving Finger, maybe because it was just so bizarre...

umney's last case...

i liked the raymond chandler feel of it...but this one goes one further than raymond chandler...

and "you know they got a hell of a band" is right up there, too...as is moving finger...dolan's cadillac...rainy season...crouch end...the doctor's case...that one is nice for the different style, somewhat...experimenting i guess he was.

The night flier and The Moving Finger - these stories are amazing

the one that really stuck with me was 'dolan's cadillac' ... one of my favorite shorts of the king

also 'umney's last case' was a beaut ... also this one was very well-done in the TNT series that took some of the stories and made them into 1-hour episodes

Quote Originally Posted by cormac View Post
    the one that really stuck with me was 'dolan's cadillac' ... one of my favorite shorts of the king

also 'umney's last case' was a beaut ... also this one was very well-done in the TNT series that took some of the stories and made them into 1-hour episodes
    I just saw the movie Dolan's Cadillac and it was pretty good. Now I have to go read the story!

Quote Originally Posted by jlee View Post
    I just saw the movie Dolan's Cadillac and it was pretty good. Now I have to go read the story!
    yeah i stumbled onto the movie recently and was very pleased with it ... christian slater is really hit and miss, at least the quality of the movies he's in are inconsistent, but he was very good in this adaptation i recommend it

Quote Originally Posted by cormac View Post
    yeah i stumbled onto the movie recently and was very pleased with it ... christian slater is really hit and miss, at least the quality of the movies he's in are inconsistent, but he was very good in this adaptation i recommend it
    At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to see this adaptation or not. I tend to stay away until I have read the novel or story it is based on. In this case I am pleased that I saw it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast