This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The cat story in Just After Sunset

The cat story in Just After Sunset

I have been an avid reader and fan since the first book and I have been scared, terrified, horrified and totally awed by your work. I had to back off for a few years because I think you were experiencing something traumatic in your life and writing and I was too connected and chose not to go there with you. (I had started getting your books at the library but see it is time to start purchasing them again.) I'm back and fully immersed. After reading the cat story in just After Midnight, I'm happy to welcome the old Stephen King back.
    That story was stone cold hellish or should I say hellacious? I was revulsed, outraged and laughing all at the same time. That's what I call writng. Thank you and keep 'em coming!

Default Re: The cat story in Just After Sunset

When Chinese food goes wrong...

Welcome to the SKMB, faithful...The Cat from Hell was my favorite too

If you like the story (which I also did), might I recommend the Tales from the Darkside movie (early nineties maybe?). Cat from Hell is one of the short flicks in the collection, although even at a young age I thought it was kinda cheesy.

This story, among other reasons is why I hate cats. I dont want to upset the cat people on this site because I know there are a lot but dogs are the way to go for me. When my wife was pregnant she couldnt go to anybodys house that had cats because something in their feces can kill human fetuses!! I mean come on! Cats are out to destroy the human race!!

That's a bit extreme. Pregnant women should not change cat litter because it would put them in contact with the feces and increase the risk for contracting an infection called toxoplasmosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    That's a bit extreme. Pregnant women should not change cat litter because it would put them in contact with the feces and increase the risk for contracting an infection called toxoplasmosis.
    This is almost identical to how I was going to respond.
    I shall go now...guess my work here is done!

I got this off answerbag.com. It says very serious. She wouldnt handle feces of course though. Maybe cats conquering the world was a bit much. Maybe

Treatment is very important for recently infected pregnant women, to prevent infection of the fetus. Since a baby's immune system does not develop fully for the first year of life, and the resilient cysts that form throughout the body are very difficult to eradicate with antiprotozoans, an infection can be very serious in the young.

Read more: Is cat feces really toxic to pregnant women? What are the effects of exposure? | Answerbag http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/132242#ixzz13YWQ5AHA

this was a great read

Tales from the Darkside is a great movie! The Cat From Hell story is fantastic in the movie as well as in the book! You might also want to watch Creepshow, which includes The Crate, a Stephen King story I feel is never mentioned anywhere but which is an excellent read. You can find the story in the Arbor House Treasury of Horror and the Supernatural.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast