Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Alice ***SPOILERS***

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alice ***SPOILERS***

Default Alice ***SPOILERS***

Anyone else get taken by surprise by Alice's abrupt and unexpected death? Being a lifelong constant reader, I shoulda seen it comin' I spose...but that's why King's the man. He knows how to sneak up on ya and toss a chunk of cinderblock upside yer eggcase...

She was my favorite character up to that point and then WHAM! Outta nowhere, man.

I both love it and hate it when he does that...

Default Re: Alice ***SPOILERS***

Art reflecting life...simple as that...

Too true...say thankee

Why oh why did Alice have to die! Just as we were getting to know and love her. So so sad!

Quote Originally Posted by muskrat View Post
    Anyone else get taken by surprise by Alice's abrupt and unexpected death? Being a lifelong constant reader, I shoulda seen it comin' I spose...but that's why King's the man. He knows how to sneak up on ya and toss a chunk of cinderblock upside yer eggcase...

She was my favorite character up to that point and then WHAM! Outta nowhere, man.

It does seem like a surprise, and a very unfortunate one at that. I was hoping she'd survive the book. And she 'went out' in a very gruesome way too...

Quote Originally Posted by nate_watkins View Post
    It does seem like a surprise, and a very unfortunate one at that. I was hoping she'd survive the book. And she 'went out' in a very gruesome way too...
    I agree very gruesome! I was expecting her to die for the simple reason that I loved her character so much. Hmmm, seems to work that way in a lot of SK's works!

I usually dont get sad by movies or books but this part when Alice died was sad. I was also surprised when she died. How gruesome can that get? Getting hit in the head with a cinder block by some jerks. That must suck for her!

Quote Originally Posted by muskrat View Post
    Anyone else get taken by surprise by Alice's abrupt and unexpected death? ...

I nearly cried. I LOVED Alice - my sister is 15 so I kinda poured that into her as a character...

Quote Originally Posted by Sophiia View Post
    I nearly cried. I LOVED Alice - my sister is 15 so I kinda poured that into her as a character...
    I almost cried too I also have a younger sister and so badly wanted her to make it through to the end.

I'm rereading Cell right now, and just finished this scene. For me, it was extremely freaky.

Many people say that when you die your life flashes before your eyes. BTDT, then pulled through. But for me it was instant...felt long, but happened quite quickly. I thought it was always that way. In the book, throughout the night, Alice makes random comments that show she is seeing parts of her life. A few years ago, we had someone staying with us that we were caring for. The doctor's kept saying he was getting better...but we knew he was terminal. For two days, he was randomly saying things....I was hearing one side of a lot of conversations. At first, it was almost funny...kind of a game guessing who he was talking to. We heard him buy his first watch. But after about 36 hours of this, with very few breaks, I was really going crazy. All night long, all day long...most of the time me alone with him.

Reading this scene with Alice really brought all that back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast