Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Christine-Good Book For A 1st Time King Reader?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christine-Good Book For A 1st Time King Reader?

Default Christine-Good Book For A 1st Time King Reader?

I'm about 40 or 50 pages into Christine, and it seems great so far! But a few days ago, I had trouble remembering if Christine was a Plymouth or a Cadillac, and often find myself questioning why I read the book instead of another one, like Night Shift, for example. PLEASE NOTE: I'm not really a car-educated person. Thanks!

Default Re: Christine-Good Book For A 1st Time King Reader?

Hi,

Welcome to the MB, and keep posting!

Christine's a Plymouth, and the story is fine for a neophyte but Night Shift is highly recommended as well.

Long days and pleasant nights

Yep, it's a good read...and Christine is the apotheosis of "bitch-kitty" Plymouths...

i ythought christine was a great book... and once you realy get into it you will love it

I'm going to make a confession here and knowing my luck Mr. King himself will see me in court after reading it!

When I was very young and shopping at a Woolworth's with my mom, I saw Christine by Stephen King on a shelf. Knowing full well my mother didn't have the money to buy it for me, I decided to take it and hide it in my coat. I never got caught stealing that book but I must have read it multiple times (even in front of my mom) not understanding great whacks of it but loving every word. This was my first introduction to Stephen King and the beginning of a life-long love affair I'll have with him until the day I die. I was an only child, you see, and a geeky one at that so my Stephen King book was all I had for company.

I'm now 34 and have had to buy another Christine to replace my first one because of the high mileage it received. I am now an adamant believer in buying books (I won't even buy them from thrift stores because it doesn't benefit the author) and I've also written two books of my own. I formally apologize to Mr. King for stealing his book more than twenty years ago but I hope that if he even had an inkling as to how much that book meant to me as a child, I'd like to think I'm forgiven.

a haunted,drafty balcony overseeing my kingdom...waiting for my King...

Thanks for sharing your confession, Ginapenn! I'm sure if SK reads that, he would probably forgive you since it happened when you were so young. Don't you feel better for getting that off your shoulders?

I certainly do! I doubt Mr. King will ever hear of it. I also don't think he'll ever completely understand the gravity of what his books meant to me as a young kid of about ten (they were a saving grace to me) but one day I'll dedicate a book to him and hopefully people will understand.

Thanks, everyone! Im enjoying the book, and im in Part 2! Thanks!

Its a great book and it doens't matter if you aren't into cars, the story is just so engaging.

Hi, !redruM

Christine was the first Stephen King book (and the the first horror book too) I've ever read, and it was a turning point in my taste in books. It really changed my life. So, from my point of view, I can say it's an ideal first King book.
    As for your car knowledge, Christine is famous among Plymouth fans for its number of blunders whenever the car is described. So that's not really a problem, is it ?

Frédéric

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast