Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The Real Ending to The Dark Tower

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Ending to The Dark Tower

Default The Real Ending to The Dark Tower

I'm by no means a writer, but I can at least read. For the love of god Stephen please give Roland Peace and rewrite the ending to the Dark Tower, here is the tale of really what happened from the beam to me. For you fell victim to the Crimson King. So here's what really happened to Roland you can use this to rewrite the ending and to set things right.

Last night after 8 years I figured out the real ending to the book. Spoiler if you have not read.
    Rolands Redemption Song.

When Roland reaches the top of the tower he see's the door with his name on it but before he opens it he reaches down to his side to touch the horn of cuthbert, and the flash of his story to date happens before his eyes, he decides not to open the door but go back down the tower, and enter the door to save susan before she is burned alive he enters the world just in time to save her he enters through a magic door above Susan and tells the people he is Author Eld and what there doing is wrong as Ruu of the Coo that witch bitch tries to open her mouth Roland blows her brains out, he then frees Susan and rides of to meet up with Roland finding him right before the pink glam is going to whisk him away and show him the tower, at that moment he shoots the pink ball shattering it forever, but young Roland in reaction shoots Roland who falls to the ground dying, young Roland is united with Susan but confused at who the old stranger might be, Susan tells him it's Author Eld himself come back to save her, dying Roland says ah Gunslinger death for me but never for you, at this point a crow(Martin) watching the seen seeing the glam has been destroyed and Roland lays dying flies off when the crow is suddenly nailed by a hawk, instantly the crow transforms into Martin and the hawk is attacking his face and in an instant he is shot dead by both the old and young Roland. Then Roland with his dying breath says Long days and pleasant nights I go to my clearing. Then he wakes up in that rc fake cola, merker scropio world where he is in front of a great feast next to an older Susan it is Christmas and all his family is there his son Jake, eddie dean and his wife Detta Dean, his old friend Cuthbert and Alain and the 3 old guys who took care of the rose all those years, and Oy as a golden shepard and a parrot named david squaking beans beans, and Rolands mom and dad sitting in rockers and in the middle of the table is the most spectacular rose as we zoom in on the rose where transported to a different scene, where back in Gilied at an even more spectacular feast celebrating the defeat of John Farson and the marriage of Roland and Susan, and this time everyone is still alive Stephen, Rolands mom, Cort, Vannay. It ends with Roland and Susan kissing and everyone cheering, then we leave this scene and go to the tower but the crimson king has arrived at the entrance to the field of roses and in his hand is one of rolands guns perhaps the gun thrown away by detta walker in a certain trash can. He thinks he has finally figured how to enter the tower but unfortunately he is attacked by a huge bear he is one of the 12 guardians the crimson king turns into a spider and starts to quickly run away only to find himself pursued by all the guardians but the crimson king escapes into a cave where he gets away, accept its not a cave at all but the mouth of a giant turtle the guardian, and the crimson king was his lunch. The End and that's how the story really ends, because Stephen himself said this is not his story he was merely channeling the tale but he could no longer here the music but I have finally set things straight so Stephen you need to write a wrong how could you ever do that to Roland you got lazy and forgot the face of your father, this is not your story but I have now set things right so fix it, or I will Misery your ass.

Default Re: The Real Ending to The Dark Tower

Hi,

Welcome to the MB, and keep posting!

But the DT ending is absolutely perfect as it is.

Ka is a wheel.

Long days and pleasant nights

AWJDS ( and what JohnD says ) Ka is a wheel. Ending as it is written.

Nah the real ending is way better then the terrible one Stephen came up with, everyone knows that man does not know how to end a story most of the time. Ka is a wheel and this ending fixes that paradox giving Roland Peace and considering there is know telling how many times he has quested for the tower the peace is well deserved. For the tower was the story of his life after all, so know he has a new story to spin.

It clearly wasn't the ending you wanted but it is Steve's ending. Roland found some redemption but he'd still made serious mistakes along the way so had not reached his last turn of the wheel. With the horn, we are left with the idea that he'll probably do better the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by wisemo View Post
    Nah the real ending is way better then the terrible one Stephen came up with, everyone knows that man does not know how to end a story most of the time. Ka is a wheel and this ending fixes that paradox giving Roland Peace and considering there is know telling how many times he has quested for the tower the peace is well deserved. For the tower was the story of his life after all, so know he has a new story to spin.
    Hi

Sorry but you're talking sh.. you-know-what (rhymes with wit), my man.

Keep taking the medication until the course is finished.

Long days and pleasant nights

Roland gave everything to save the tower, himself everyone he ever loved, and you feel this ending is fair no this ending was written by Randall Flagg himself, a false ending this is not Stephen's story he has even admitted it himself in the book, hell he even admitted his ending was a bad one in the damn book, you could tell he was mad he could not figure out how to end the book, because he could no longer here the turtle's song so he let the darkside take over, if anyone deserves to be punished it's Stephen and not Roland, Roland gave it everything and deserves peace, and did get his peace, it's Stephen who could never find peace and that's why he could never figure out a way to end the paradox, but I have channeled the true ending and it wraps up everything and gives Roland his well deserved peace.

You must have read a different ending than I did because I don't see that at all in either the Coda or the Author's notes which I just reread before answering in case I was misremembering. I will say again, you have apparently come up with the ending that suits you but it is not the one Steve intended.

Wisemo, you may want to work on some of the basic skills of writing and on getting the names of characters right, etc. This would help your ideas to be taken more seriously. Besides, I believe the dropping of the Horn is written in one of the earlier books, making your ending impossible. Will verify that.

Wisemo, mayhap a re read of the entire DT series would help you to understand the ending with clearer thoughts. One must remember too, that it was the journey, not the destination- which IMHO was as the muse spoke- that counts. Start by re reading the first paragraph of the Coda. "I've told my tale all the way to the end, an am satisfied........". I think Sai King knew the ending when he began the journey

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast