Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The One Hundred and Twelfth

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 146

Thread: The One Hundred and Twelfth

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    1,401

    Default The One Hundred and Twelfth



    Boehner took the gavel as the Speaker of the House.
    Republicans in charge? I imagine that I'll grouse.
    First on their agenda, after all the swearing in?
    Read The Constitution. It's a good way to begin.

    Apparently, it never has been read upon the Floor.
    Hopefully they'll rediscover what they're all there for.
    Let's see if they mumble when they get to Church and State
    Or rush through the various Amendments that they hate.

    Next up? They'll be trying to repeal the Health Care Law,
    (Insisting that the thing contains a Constitutional flaw.)
    The One One Two is on the job, so hold on to your hat.
    Think they all can get along? I can't imagine that.

    Can they be bi-partisan? I don't think that they can.
    Far more likely each will try to out Republican
    The other guy by playing to the right-wing lunatics,
    Doing unto Democrats. But, hey... That's politics.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: The One Hundred and Twelfth

    Politics, by any other name-legal incest...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,932

    Default Re: The One Hundred and Twelfth

    I think it's cute how they left out the parts of the Constitution that they don't like.....
    The treasure of a life is a measure of love and respect/The way you live, the gifts that you give/In the fullness of time/It's the only return that you expect

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky
    Posts
    5,859

    Default Re: The One Hundred and Twelfth

    Quote Originally Posted by Tery View Post
    I think it's cute how they left out the parts of the Constitution that they don't like.....
    ADRABLE!

    Did ya like the way they read it all piece meal like, like they made this huge symbolic statement that they're all in this together, just for all of us (and what a very sweet gesture it was)?...well you know, except a couple that needed to be at their fund raising parties (ya just can't start taking interest in special orders too soon, that's my motto)...probably just a scheduling error, eh, it happens, especially on ones very first day of representin'.
    Well I for one found it moving, so much so in fact, I was able to finish a book whilst doin' my um, bidness.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Murrieta, CA
    Posts
    1,863

    Default Re: The One Hundred and Twelfth

    The Ultimate Photo-Op!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    1,401

    Default Re: The One Hundred and Twelfth



    I hope Palin's happy now that someone's gone and shot
    A member of the Congress whom the Palinistas fought.
    Giffords was the target of the loonies on the right,
    Aimed by Sarah Palin, via cross hairs on her site.

    "Oh, I didn't mean for this to happen," she has said.
    Hateful speech is dandy, until someone ends up dead.
    In this case the slain include a judge and nine year old.
    Palin's latest Twitter on the shooting leaves me cold.

    What exactly did she think that painted targets meant?
    Knowing that her website would be read - the message sent
    Makes her an accomplice in the current hateful strife.
    Meanwhile, Gabby Giffords is still fighting for her life.

    Do we know if Palin's site provided motivation?
    No... But it's a little late for outraged condemnation.
    Make someone a target, then be shocked when they get shot?
    Words do lead to actions. Maybe Sarah just forgot.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    14,129

    Default Re: The One Hundred and Twelfth

    Hi,

    Hear, hear, Mrs Smeej!

    You've excelled yourself.

    Long days and pleasant nights

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Just north of Duma Key
    Posts
    11,220

    Default Re: The One Hundred and Twelfth

    Thank you MrsSmeej . Well spoken are your words and true. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all in this time of need. Bless that little girls soul - what changes could she have made, we will never know.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,973

    Default Re: The One Hundred and Twelfth

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmeej View Post


    I hope Palin's happy now that someone's gone and shot
    A member of the Congress whom the Palinistas fought.
    Giffords was the target of the loonies on the right,
    Aimed by Sarah Palin, via cross hairs on her site.

    "Oh, I didn't mean for this to happen," she has said.
    Hateful speech is dandy, until someone ends up dead.
    In this case the slain include a judge and nine year old.
    Palin's latest Twitter on the shooting leaves me cold.

    What exactly did she think that painted targets meant?
    Knowing that her website would be read - the message sent
    Makes her an accomplice in the current hateful strife.
    Meanwhile, Gabby Giffords is still fighting for her life.

    Do we know if Palin's site provided motivation?
    No... But it's a little late for outraged condemnation.
    Make someone a target, then be shocked when they get shot?
    Words do lead to actions. Maybe Sarah just forgot.
    Dancing in the blood of the victims to promote a political ideology is in poor taste.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    14,129

    Default Re: The One Hundred and Twelfth

    Quote Originally Posted by CorbinKale View Post
    Dancing in the blood of the victims to promote a political ideology is in poor taste.
    Hi,

    And cross-hairs were impeccable?

    Long days and pleasant nights

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •