This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it a Good Read?

Default Is it a Good Read?

Hello fellow Stephen King fans! I am thinking about reading Under the Dome. I have heard that this book is not that great but I think it might be good for me. Also, I noticed that the book is over a thousand pages (like IT) and I am not a big fan of lengthy books. I dont mind the regular 300- 500 page books but a thousand is a lot for me. I just want to know if I will be wasting my time reading this book if its crappy. I am sure it will be good but I just want to be positive that it is good. Thank you!

Default Re: Is it a Good Read?

Check out the multiple threads here on the MB dedicated to UTD, and I think you'll get your answers...me? I liked it-but didn't love it, still you won't be disappointed...

Na, the more you read the more you won't want to put it down. Things escalate. Big F'n book. Personally, I think it is one of SK's top 5.

I liked it, but it was not in my top 10 SK books.

There were many times while reading it I said to myself "This book is just way to long! I'm never going to finish it!" In the end though, you can't help but keep reading! Probably could have been condensed a little, but still a wonderful book. I would reccomend it!

I personally loved it. I'll never forget that poor groundhog. Definately read it!!

I liked it, probably the best begining to a SK novel I've read for a spell

My favorite SK book is the one I happen to be reading at the time. Don't miss this one or any other .

The first 50-100 pages are the most difficult - once you get past that, it's a fun read with numerous interesting characters. Also, though I wouldn't give it away, it has a strong ending (unlike a few of King's books).

It has been compared to his (Stephen King) earlier work the Stand. Not just in length but in character development. I enjoyed it and so did my wife.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast