Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
drawing of the three -- safe thread for first-time readers. safe and spoiler-free!

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: drawing of the three -- safe thread for first-time readers. safe and spoiler-free!

Default drawing of the three -- safe thread for first-time readers. safe and spoiler-free!

I don't have anything to say about The Drawing Of The Three right now, but it occurs to me that there's a need for threads that first time Dark Tower readers can go to to talk about what they've read so far without being exposed to information about the later books in the series. Maybe these could be stickied...

New readers: discuss your story.

Old readers: be on your very best behavior and don't don't don't ever address things that come later in the series -- don't "spoil" the journey for your fellow-travelers.

We all float down here.

Default Re: drawing of the three -- safe thread for first-time readers. safe and spoiler-free

Hi, Lencho-

Great idea, thank you!

I just recently began The Drawing of The Three (X2) and I've been meaning to request a bit of clarification in regards to

Roland possessing a purse...I really do not recall him having that throughout The Gunslinger.. And another question: is this "purse" akin to a woman's handbag, or am I being too literal?

("All things serve the Beam")

Default Re: drawing of the three -- safe thread for first-time readers. safe and spoiler-free

I think of that more in terms of the archaic-english meaning of 'purse', like "who steals my purse steals trash..." ie, anything that contains money, could be a wallet or whatever... a pouch of some kind...

We all float down here.

Thank you, Lencho. Your input is much appreciated.

But I still don't recall Roland having one in The Gunslinger, so where did it come from? How did he come to possess it?

("All things serve the Beam")

hey i got one - randall,i know your reading through this again- i just heard him say

he and cuthbert gunned down allan ??? where would that be - was it ever told ? (its before door three when he hands the gun to eddie)

i'm hearing so much more this time round - awesome !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SHEEMIEE View Post
    hey i got one - randall,i know your reading through this again- i just heard him say

he and cuthbert gunned down allan ??? where would that be - was it ever told ? (its before door three when he hands the gun to eddie)

i'm hearing so much more this time round - awesome !!!!!
    I think you'll find that bit of information expanded on in Wolves of the Calla.

I'm about the start this book for the first time. Many years ago, I read The Gunslinger, and really had a hard time getting into it. On the suggestion of other SKMBers, I read it again-this time I read the revised version, which seemed to flow much better for me. I really enjoyed it. I'm going on vacation next week and plan to download this and the next book in the series before I go. Can anyone tell me if there is a "revised" version of all books in the series? If so, am I missing out on something by reading revised versions instead of the original?
    Thanks.

Right after Steve had finished the 7th book, and when he was revising the first, he'd thought about doing all of the first 4 books but changed his mind. Long way of saying, no, just the first one was revised.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Right after Steve had finished the 7th book, and when he was revising the first, he'd thought about doing all of the first 4 books but changed his mind. Long way of saying, no, just the first one was revised.
    Thanks! I have yet another question: B&N website shows The Waste Lands as the third book in the series and lists it as "revised version". Do you have any idea what's up with that-especially since only the first one was actually revised?

I think it's saying revised because it's the NOOK version. If I'm remembering correctly, there were some problems with the ebook reader version that needed correcting. It's not revised because of anything that Steve changed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast