Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
This book broke my heart.

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This book broke my heart.

Cool This book broke my heart.

When I say it broke my heart I don't mean it in a good way. I love S. King but I also hate him and after 11/17/63 I hate him a little more.

I loved the first quarter of the book, it was the King of old. Man I couldn't wait to find out what happened next. Then the character moved to Jodi Texas. What the heck did any of that have to do with the plot? Why would he fall in love? Is Saddie a crazy person or what? I hate listening to them going on with pet names and declartions of love to one another. It is sicking. How many times did these two " MAKE LOVE"? A man from the future and a nut job from the south making love two dozen times isnt romantic its boring.

I clapped when I thought S. King was done with this pointless side track in the novel but No the curse of Jodi Texas must come back and haunt the story. And what was with those people at the school fawning over George like he was the best thing since sliced bread. Okay I get it the narrator of the story is a great guy who never does wrong. He is prefectly boring.

I could have sworn this book was written by a more talented Dean Knootz. Not that Dean is more talented then King, I mean King is more talented, heck now I am losing track. Next I will be writing about my time in a small texas town where I put on plays with mildly retarded students and MADE LOVE with nut job school teacher who was the biggest victim in novel history.

I will buy Mr. Kings books because normally I love them and with the good I will get the bad. This should have been a novelette and cut out all that filler. I would have rather over paided for small story then got my moneys worth for a longer version of what came out of Cujos @ss.

Sorry readers but this story was CORNY as Hell.

Love you Steve.

Default Re: This book broke my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by hogsbutt View Post
    When I say it broke my heart I don't mean it in a good way. I love S. King but I also hate him and after 11/17/63 I hate him a little more.

Hi and welcome to the board.
    I read 11/22/63/.

When I read 11/17/63 I`ll let you know if I agree with you or not.
    All the best.

I'm sure he loves you too.

From what i've heard the central love story was most people's favorite part.

Quote Originally Posted by Srbo View Post
    I read 11/22/63/.
    Hahaha, you got there before me! Grr to you Srbo!

Welcome to the board; hogsbutt. Interesting username.

That is all...today this fishee ain't biting.

Not to give any thing away but I like Jodi Texas and that story. I think it give you the reason why the ending is what it is

Well, I thanked you for your thoughts...and congrats on an apt user name...

hogsbutt, my parents always said that if I didn't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. With that said, here's what I think...

Hi and welcome. I'm rather new myself. It's so funny how two people can have such a vastly different opinion of the same book--but hey! That's what makes the world interesting, right?

One of my favorite aspects of the book was the side stories. I absolutely loved the return to Derry (oh memories) and I thought the love story between Sadie and Jake was one of the best aspects of the book. I found that there were two very compelling parallel stories going on with this book. Yes, you did have the major plot of Jake returning to Dallas to try to stop Oswald--but you also had this very compelling love story, which complicated Jake's first mission so much. I really think that the love story was critical to the overall book. But, hey! That's just me!

The only thing I have ever hated about SK is that he can't manage to write a new book every month!

Quote Originally Posted by Srbo View Post
    Hi and welcome to the board.
    I read 11/22/63/.

All the best.
    Haha--I almost wrote the same exact thing!

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    Well, I thanked you for your thoughts...and congrats on an apt user name...
    Yar, the username is certainly apt, I mean unique. Although I was actually rather taken by the term; "a longer version of what came out of Cujos @ss."

Cujosass
    would be a pretty cool username methinks. Whenever the name is said it needs to be accompanied by jazzhands, and pronounced like "Just Jack" from Will and Grace. If y'all don't know how he says that then you best head over to Youtube and find a clip. Pronto. Anyhoo, I'm seriously considering Cujosass as my next username when I become bored with being myself. It would be kinda neat if Jordan allowed the "prolifics" the privilege of unlimited name changes, kinda like a reward for all out valuable--don't laugh!--input as members of the site. Damn, I would be like PITH, but instead of changing my profile picture every day I'd change my name...that'd keep y'all guessing. And would keep my multiple personalities happy. Well, some of them. Can't please them all, right??
    Have a nice day now! Cheerio.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast