This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone notice this?

Default Did anyone notice this?

I finished Salem's lot yesterday and then thought I watch the movie. So saw Salem's lot series last night
    Okay I might be wrong. I read the book on Swedish. And not sure if it's same in English version. Correct me if I'm wrong.

But here are some of the movie character and book character and notice is the same character.

In the Movie In the book

-Cullen Sawyer -Reggie Sawyer
    -Jason Burke - Matt Burke
    -Ned Tibbets -Floyd Tibbits

Okay I said I read this book on other language and this doesn't bother me. But wonder if someone notice this.

Default Re: Did anyone notice this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo87 View Post
    I finished Salem's lot yesterday and then thought I watch the movie. So saw Salem's lot series last night
    Okay I might be wrong. I read the book on Swedish. And not sure if it's same in English version. Correct me if I'm wrong.

But here are some of the movie character and book character and notice is the same character.

In the Movie In the book

-Cullen Sawyer -Reggie Sawyer
    -Jason Burke - Matt Burke
    -Ned Tibbets -Floyd Tibbits

Okay I said I read this book on other language and this doesn't bother me. But wonder if someone notice this.

From what I can tell: The 1979 TV movie has the character names you listed for the movie. However, the 2004 TV movie has the names as used in the book. My book has the book names you listed.

They monkeyed with the names when they adapted Bag of Bones to TV too luv....

You are correct on those changes. Wonder why they made them?

It's few years since I saw the TV movie (2004) of Salem's Lot. I have to re-watch it.

Never even so the movie yet.
    Maybe now I won`t at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Srbo View Post
    Never even so the movie yet.
    Maybe now I won`t at all.
    Srbo, you really should watch the original version. Yes, there are some changes but I think 'they' captured the feeling of evil and isolation that is in the book. I didn't like the make-up that was used on Barlow, it is a blatant rip-off of Nosferatu, but for a TV movie filmed during its time (late 1970's) it sure does pack a wallop! I didn't really care for the updated version, although there were some creepy moments in it (the kids crawling along the inside top of the bus, like spiders). And, if you do get the chance to see the original version, make sure you get the original long version, not the chopped down 2 hour one. My DVD copy clocks in at 183 minutes. (You'll never be able to get the sound of the kid scratching at the window out of your head!)

true, that, kpf...not bad for a '70's tv movie...def. right about the barlow make-up, but, what the hay...we can't have everything, right ?

didn't like the rob lowe vesr.

might have to try it again sometime, but...

at least it wasn't a bad as the sequel with the cows...

Quote Originally Posted by guido tkp View Post
    true, that, kpf...not bad for a '70's tv movie...def. right about the barlow make-up, but, what the hay...we can't have everything, right ?

didn't like the rob lowe vesr.

might have to try it again sometime, but...

at least it wasn't a bad as the sequel with the cows...
    I forgot all about that movie, there was a sequel, right? And, from what I remember now, it was just awful......

I only saw the 1979 TV movie but still haven't seen the 2004 TV movie [yet] and didn't care for it at all...I just enjoyed the book, and would love if there was a sequel to it! My book has all of the names listed above [English] btw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast