This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ugh.. Percy and Wild Bill

Angry Ugh.. Percy and Wild Bill

Percy and Wild Bill were the first persons I ever saw on the big screen that I just hated. Absolutely hated. I don't even hate the serial killers in movies as much (even though Will is one). Just so freakin' annoying. The book too.

Like hot damn! "I didn't know that the sponge was suppose to be wet." Really? If I was Paul, I would've killed Percy and ran. At first I thought it was just the character, but I guess the actor who plays Percy (Doug Hutchison) is pretty much just as bad. He's 51. She's 16. Gross.

Anyways. My point is don't you think Percy and/or Wild Bill are the most annoying characters Stephen has ever created?

Default Re: Ugh.. Percy and Wild Bill

I don't know if they are the most annoying for me. Evil for sure. For me the most annoying King character would have to be Richard Sloat, Jack's friend from The Talisman. I wanted to tell him, "strap it on, baby luv."

Percy was one of the all time dirtbag characters created by Mr. King, and the guy who played him in the movie played it to a hilt. He did a great job, can't remember his name off hand, but kudos on his performance.

They are characters we absolutely love to hate, and they were exceptionally well portrayed in the movie. Sam Rockwell just knocks my socks off every single time I watch this movie. Despicable character, but amazing performance.

Percy is played by Doug Hutchinson. To this day I still have hard time watching him in other movie roles because I still see him as Percy.

i guess thats proof the actor is doing his job! If it affects you that strongly, say thank ye and move on. After all isnt the bad guy supposed to be believable? The whole movie would all flat if the bad guys didnt make the good guys look so darn good! Years again I used to tune in every week to watch J.R. on Dallas. I loved to hate that scoundrel.He was good in that role.I've seen very few to affect me so in the past few years. Got to take the bad with the good.

Percy wasn't even a bad guy. He just.... was. It was like he was just there. To annoy. It's not like he really did anything he wasn't suppose to (he kills Mr. Jingles but big whop, he's a mouse and as Paul says Dale's execution was a success), it's just the annoyance he creates when he does them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan_Richards_of_Windsor View Post
    Percy wasn't even a bad guy. He just.... was. It was like he was just there. To annoy. It's not like he really did anything he wasn't suppose to (he kills Mr. Jingles but big whop, he's a mouse and as Paul says Dale's execution was a success), it's just the annoyance he creates when he does them.
    Yes, but with each little ugly deed that Percy does it makes you want to smack him/hate him!!

I couldn't STAND Percy. Talk about a brat. He just did things to get under people's skin. I saw Doug Hutchison on Law and Order: SVU the other day and he was playing a complete lunatic and he did a great job with it. That and The Green Mile are the only things I've ever seen him in. I'd like to check him out in other roles. Just to see if he's just good and those type of roles or if he's well-rounded.

As for Wild Bill...yeah I hated him because of what he did but his character was more interesting than annoying to me. I usually ended up laughing when it came to his scenes on the Mile.

But either way, the story wouldn't have been the same without either of them.

Wild Bill always reminded me of a cousin of mine, looks-wise.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast