This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of us are Inked?

Default How many of us are Inked?

Since I started a thread last week about my new DT tattoo; it raised my curosity. How many of us have ink? How many tats do you have? What is your favorite? And finally, do you plan on getting more.

I will start:
    Yes I am inked.
    I have three tats: a dove and rainbow on my right hip; a celtic tree of life on my left shoulder and the DT one on my right upper arm. (the DT one is the newest and is not yet complete)
    The Dark Tower is my absolute favorite (so far!)
    I plan on getting at least one more; and I don't know after that.

And may you have twice the number.

Default Re: How many of us are Inked?

I don't have any, but I really, really want one.

A friend of mine said she would do the sketch, so I am waiting on that. And the money- these little pieces of decoration are expensive!

Yes they can be costly. What are you thinking of getting?

And may you have twice the number

Not me, but I've toyed with the idea...

I have two. One big one in a not so grandmotherly place. I'll chalk that one up to the "heck with it I'm not too old for a tattoo" syndrome. But I do love it, it makes me feel naughty... The other I got a couple of years ago. It's on my ankle. I did the design then the tattoo artist refined it for me. It's my husband and my initials intertwined with a couple of little red hearts floating near. I want to add fireworks shooting out of the top...

I don't have any...but I've been THINKING about getting one for a few years now. Does that count??? The only tattoo I would get would be Tower related...I've thought about 19 or Ka...but I love the key, rose, door idea...but I don't know where I'd put it. I'd like to have it on my inner ankle, but my daughter (tattooed) says it would hurt way too much, and I'm not a big fan of pain, in fact, I try to avoid it...but it would be so cool...and my sister (ginknehpets) and I go on a "King" related vacation every year, and it would be really cool if I got one on our trip this year (shhhhhhh, don't tell my husband...)...

I know a quite a few people who do have tats-and for as many reasons as there are tattoos! I dont care-its not my skin, not my pain. BUT as a work of ART, I certainly fall guilty of appreciating it. I mean that. Both my sons have tats, much to my disapproval.However once they got past my disapproval, i realized it wasnt just a passing interest then i got on board for them. They do have beautiful tats. One is a wildlife lover so a buck with a gorgeous rack adorns his forearm. The other one is into computer games-warcraft? eeq? so they are great works of warlords & demons. as you can tell I'm not so much on the gaming cause I dont play it--cant afford to mostly ha. I like both their artwork tho, just cant remember ones cause he got his tat just before I had my stroke & thats gone to me now. Enjoy your tats, just remember a stranger might not remember your face but he'll certainly remember your tat! (is that a good thing??? if your in a police lineup probably not so much--that happens way too often!but it could be a good thing indeed!)

I have 4, got my first one when I ws 40! Then 3 more after that! None of them are King-related, but they all have a stars and moon theme. I would like to get another one, just trying to figure out where to put and, and to save up the $$! They are not cheap!! Lol

I have one tattoo.. though it's a bit cliche. My upper right arm has a double-strand of blue barbed wire, wrapped around it completely. For some strange reason, whenever someone sees it, or are told about it, they are always super surprised (perhaps even shocked) that I got one done!

("All things serve the Beam")

Yes, I am happily inked. I have 2 tattoos. A red rose with a green stem and leaf on the inside of my right ankle, and another red rose with a green stem and leaf on my left shoulder blade. The tat on my ankle is my favorite because it was my first. Funny thing it used to be a VH tattoo with the wings, because my favorite band when I was 13 years old was Van Halen. By the time I was 18 I decided to have it made into a red rose. I don't plan on getting another anytime soon, but I'm sure I'll get at least 1 more in my lifetime.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast