Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The Stand comic book

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Stand comic book

Default The Stand comic book

I have the whole collection plus other Stephen King comic books, and his son Joe Hill, loving Locke & Key. Anyway I digress just seen on Ebay a signed comic by the man himself for around 6000. I would burn my whole comic book collection just to have this one book. (not the ones mentioned above mind)

This is the first time I have seen one of his comics signed by him. It is The Stand Captain Trips number 1. It was a one off special signing and he only did 12 books. It is a CGC of 9.9 also so that makes it even more special as it is the only one with a grade of 9.9. Also guaranteed signature as CGC have to witness the signature to authenticate it.

One day I will afford my ultimate book.

Default Re: The Stand comic book

Would be interested to see the listing for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
    ...just seen on Ebay a signed comic by the man himself for around 6000...
    I always suggest to anyone using eBay or any other auction site to check seller feedback before committing to a transaction, to read comments left by buyers, and not to do business with anyone with a feedback profile of less than 99.5%. Some sites round decimals, which means 99% may mean 99.4% or 98.5%, for instance.

But that's just me. Anyway, all sites include this disclaimer (warning): caveat emptor (buyer beware).

Wikipedia reference-linkCaveat emptor

I do not, can not, and will not EVER understand why someone would pay that much money for a signature. Of course, I am lower middle class -- at best -- so we're talking about nearly a year's rent for me. Even if I weren't, though, that would be a waste of my money.

...and signatures would be neat, but why do something so rash/brash as torching your whole collection...what's that gonna prove? Not like anything's gonna rise from THOSE ashes....

Even if I were willing to pay that much money for an autograph, I wouldn't, for one simple reason: that money should go to Stephen King. Why should the seller get it? He -- or she -- has done nothing to deserve it. More likely, he sought the autograph out with the intent to then flip it for a massive profit, which is just wrong.

For reasons like this, it never bothers me when I hear stories of celebrities who refuse to give autographs. There's always a chance that whoever is asking for the autograph wants only to profit off of it, and I don't blame celebrities for wanting to prevent that from happening.

Is The Stand comic books the same as the graphic novels? I am a huge SK fan (just like everyone on the SKMB & I want to know if the graphic novels are worth buying b/c they are on sale at my local Barnes & Noble for $6 each.

Quote Originally Posted by aintshesweet View Post
    Is The Stand comic books the same as the graphic novels? I am a huge SK fan (just like everyone on the SKMB & I want to know if the graphic novels are worth buying b/c they are on sale at my local Barnes & Noble for $6 each.
    Yes and no. The hardbound copies do not include all of the same material that was in the separately issued comic installments.

...it's very much worth building the whole graphic novel collection...most if not all are available at cover price...unless you decide to venture into the "limited edition" covers-then that gets pricey...

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Yes and no. The hardbound copies do not include all of the same material that was in the separately issued comic installments.
    There is indeed material in the individual comics that isn't in the graphic novels, but none of it is substantive. A few sketches, a few interviews, and a few behind-the-scenes pieces. Nothing you'll need unless you are a big-time completist. (All of that stuff is available in the omnibus edition, but that'll set you back $150 or so.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast