Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
skmbisms

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: skmbisms

Default skmbisms

Here you go, zelmonster (and anyone else who would like to join in), a place where SKMB acronyms, colloquialisms, aphorisms, etc. can be posted for the uninitiated. Great idea!

Feel free to add on ones I've forgotten or correct descriptions.

DFTT = Don't Feed the Trolls
    used when a poster is perceived to be posting a message intended only to be inciting argument

AW(insert initial)S = And What (person whose initial is being used) Said
    used to state agreement with a comment made by referenced person in a previous post

Azzhat:
    Definition from Urban Dictionary
    azzhat; (plural) azzhats: noun (pronounced with the "z" sounding like an "s" but not quite enough to actually be accused of saying "ass")

Used in public as a replacement for a**hole, but usually in reference to someone who is such an a**hole that they will not even realize that you are talking about them.

Anyone so hateful, chauvinistic, bigoted, etc. that they should wear their ass for a hat. Usually, but not always used in reference to someone who is willfully ignorant, hypocritical, and/or has extreme homophobia, religious intolerance, or fascist ideology.

POTW = Pigeon of the Web
    Used when someone has posted a negative comment perceived to be intended to incite argument and then never returns.

Sai
    Term of respect taken from Dark Tower series

Default Re: skmbisms

and to quote a dear friend:

I'll see myself out.

((( X ))) = Hugs, love, thoughts, good vibes, and/or prayers for "X" (a specific member or member's loved one[s] or group) exs: (((((John and family))))), (((the SKMB))), ((((All in need or not))))

And that same dear friend would bump the thread to explain this for the Newbies:

Love and green lights............ While reading the Tao Te Ching, a book of 81 concepts for life, I came across a modern day translation by Dr Wayne Dyer. His favorite saying is: I send you love and all green lights. That phrase caught me in a special way.

The love part is basic, but within the Tao is has greater meaning. Love is the desire to give and not look for reward from anyone. When we chose love we are taken to higher consciousness, both inner and upward. Life becomes harmonious and free from strain.

The green lights is a comparison to ones life path and a traffic light. Picture traveling down a busy highway and needing to stop at each red light. Your travel is not smooth and free flowing. However, if you experience only ( all) green lights, your travel is clear sailing. On your journey of life, if you experience all green lights, your path is smooth and free. To wish one no harm, nothing to stop them in their journey.

This is why I wish you love and green lights. A life's journey filled with love and a smooth path to travel.

I have nothing of worth to add here!
    All newbies please remember that when reading my posts.

Thanks all. Anyone care to take a stab at explaining: Ka, Burrito, Turnip and PatInTheHat?

Tritto - to further echo someone else's ditto.

Tritto-

What comes after when someone has used the term 'ditto' (meaning I second that, be it an idea, a belief, etc.) with 'tritto' being the third acceptance of said stated idea, belief, etc.

Ka can mean fate, destiny, or God's will. From the Dark Tower series. Sound about right, Ms. Mod?

Burrito is all mine. It is to signify when the discussion has become pointless. It says, "burritos are just as relevant as your point". It is also to signify when a thread has devolved to bickering and is no longer of any use. Another usage is "hey, lighten the F up, dude".

It just means thing have gotten so silly, why not talk about burritos instead? They are just as important.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast