This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something weird but true

Default Something weird but true

Wanna hear something weird but true?

My Dad (who is 83 now) used to be a guard at the prison where Shawshank Redemption was filmed.

Yeah. I know weird but true.

He watched it with me once and told me about all of the rooms, what they contained and what they were used for. Amazing, that he remembers, since the prison has been closed for a long time. Every time I drive by it, it amazes me that my Dad used to work there and also, that a Stephen King movie was filmed there!

Default Re: Something weird but true

Wierd. True. Cool. Thankee.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by rosie_red View Post

My Dad (who is 83 now) used to be a guard at the prison where Shawshank Redemption was filmed.

He watched it with me once and told me about all of the rooms, what they contained and what they were used for. Amazing, that he remembers, since the prison has been closed for a long time. Every time I drive by it, it amazes me that my Dad used to work there and also, that a Stephen King movie was filmed there!
    How kewl, your Daddy mighta known a couple of my old pals, well, I don't mean they worked there, not exactly...small world, huh?
    Now you can rent the joint for weddings, graduations, Bar Mitzvahs, go on ghost hunts and stuff...
    http://www.mrps.org/

You could make a photo album of the prison and your dad's memories. Shawshank Through My Dad's Eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    How kewl, your Daddy mighta known a couple of my old pals, well, I don't mean they worked there, not exactly...small world, huh?
    Now you can rent the joint for weddings, graduations, Bar Mitzvahs, go on ghost hunts and stuff...
    http://www.mrps.org/
    Yeah, I heard something about that.

Quote Originally Posted by rosie_red View Post

Way cool is what it is...and having lived in the area while it was being filmed-it was quite the "7 day wonder"....plus, now that I work in an Ohio prison...I understand that flick and story a WHOLE lot better...tell your Pop that the inmates are still idiots...

That is so cool rosie!! I love Spidey's idea about the album - what a neat addition to your SK collection that would be!

I would love to pick my Dad's brain about the time he worked there, but he had open heart surgery a couple of years ago, and on oxygen 24/7 now.

That is like so neat. Awesome memory.

Six degrees of separation works in all kinds of fun ways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast