Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Blockade Billy VS Morality

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blockade Billy VS Morality

Default Blockade Billy VS Morality

Well I finished this book yesterday and my copy had both of these stories. So which one do you guys think was better. For me it would have to be Morality! I just loved the ending.

Default Re: Blockade Billy VS Morality

..had already read Morality previously, and it was OK, but enjoyed BB tremendously....

I loved them both in different ways. BB was one of the best creepy person stories SK has ever written IMO, but Morality was such a good question. I love stories that make me say What would I do?

"Morality" by a mile. "Blockade Billy" is one of my least-favorite things King has ever written.

I liked both stories, mainly because of their streamlined nature. I don't mind long stories, but Stephen King does have a tendency to ramble in many of his stories, obsessing on trivial details. Both stories were quite 'lean and mean', which was nice.

If I have to choose, I definitely prefer Blockade Billy of the two. I'm not even into baseball, but I found it very engrossing, never losing your attention. I've known people like Billy (aside from the worst parts....I hope), and King really nails his personality and voice (or lack thereof). I also love the cover. At first it seems innocent, but then I started reading, and found myself flipping back to the cover, to get a better look at Billy. Delightfully creepy story + cover.

Morality was nice, but nothing new. Drunk author husband + unfaithful (or merely suspected of being so) wife is a recurring theme in many of his books. The story worked well though, again because it was refined. Instead of 300 pages, we have 50ish, which is a good length for the story, given that there are only three important characters.

I highly recommend the book, especially if you can find it in the discount section.

Quote Originally Posted by doowopgirl View Post
    I loved them both in different ways. BB was one of the best creepy person stories SK has ever written IMO, but Morality was such a good question. I love stories that make me say What would I do?
    not to jump books in this thread, but how did you like Fair Extension from Full Dark No Stars?

Morality. Definitely the darker of the two stories.

Both stories were good, but I'd say BB because I'm a baseball guy.

Re: Morality see this article about the story
    from the July 2009 Esquire magazine... It says you can click on a link and read the entire story but I am having trouble accessing it!
    http://www.thewordslinger.com/posts.php?id=265
    Last edited by Neesy; July 4th, 2013 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Decided to put a spoiler around the model

I just read BB, thought it was decent, maybe a little heavy on the "old baseball jock" slang/language, and of course knowing about baseball (other than one guy throws, another bats & tries to get a home run) may have made it a bit more enjoyable.

On the subject of Blockade Billy, why did his name turn into Billy Blockade a few times at the end?

Anyway, I will read Morality later or tomorrow, then come back a say which I prefered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast