Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Fifty Shades of Grey?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fifty Shades of Grey?

Default Fifty Shades of Grey?

It seems every time I turn around I'm hearing something about this trilogy of books by E L James. I didn't think they sounded like my cup of tea, but they seem to be so popular right now.

This was copied and pasted from Amazon, it gives a little blurb about each book:

FIFTY SHADES OF GREY: When college student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly Ana realizes she wants this man, and Grey admits he wants her, too—but on his own terms. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian’s secrets and explores her own desires.

FIFTY SHADES DARKER: Daunted by Christian’s dark secrets and singular tastes, Ana has broken off their relationship to start a new career. But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and while Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Ana is forced to make the most important decision of her life.

FIFTY SHADES FREED: Now, Ana and Christian have it all—love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of possibilities for their future. But Ana knows that loving her Fifty Shades will not be easy, and that being together will pose challenges that neither of them would anticipate. Just when it seems that their strength together will eclipse any obstacle, misfortune, malice, and fate conspire to turn Ana’s deepest fears into reality.

​Has anyone here read them? What did you think?

Default Re: Fifty Shades of Grey?

I read them and I gotta say they are hot, hot, hot. Not well written and all three can be read at a pretty fast clip. It does give an interesting look into the world of BDSM and it's fairly accurate about that point (I won't tell ya'll how I happen to know that).

And may you have twice the number

I have heard the described as "Twilight for Housewives" with bondage.

Actully, I think it started out as twilight fanfiction then it went to self-publishing for e-readers. It was so popular that she got a real publishing contract and just sold the rights to Universal for 5 million. I don't know how they'd ever make it a movie though unless it was rated NC-17, R just won't do it.

Hey, Cat!

I have not read them but I have read about them.

BDSM and romance don't go together in my mind. The pathology sounds interesting, though.
    I have read a lot of furor coming from the feminist side.

Peace.

I would rather read Fifty Shades of Good-God-Put-That-Thing-Away-I'm-Watching-Columbo.

Much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jean View Post
    I would rather read Fifty Shades of Good-God-Put-That-Thing-Away-I'm-Watching-Columbo.

Much better.
    ......then Matlock...hell I thought it was about my hair color, or the look of that chunk of cheese at the rear of the fridge I keep forgetting to toss into the trash...

OH my god, every one of my friends save two are reading or have read this series. I have written my fair share of erotica and read a lot as well but I have no interest in reading this book, probably because everyone is telling me I "have to!"
    No I don't. And no one can make me!

I'd rather seek the dark side of things-the horror-the HORROR!! romance is for others-take it & enjoy. not for me.

I have heard the same thing. But I'm not even thinking about reading it. Not my thing.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast