Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Suggestions for the movie cast of 11/22/63...? [May contain spoilers]

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for the movie cast of 11/22/63...? [May contain spoilers]

Default Suggestions for the movie cast of 11/22/63...? [May contain spoilers]

Hey everyone,

I was wondering everyones thoughts of what the cast should be for 11/22/63? I saw a thread that had a few suggestions about casting, but it wasn't entirely devoted to that topic. Anyway, I'll kick it off with my suggestions/ideas:

Jake/George: Ryan Gosling or Leo Dicaprio

Sadie: Charlize Theron (if she can pull off looking 28, she'd be perfect). Though if Rachel McAdams were taller, I'd say her.

Deke: Tom Hanks? I know he's probably too young for Deke but I think he'd be perfect for the role.. If not Hanks, maybe Gene Hackman or Warren Beatty?

Ellie Dockerty: Jessica Lange

Lee Harvey Oswald: Joseph Gordon Levitt

Al Templeton: Dustin Hoffman

George De Mohrenschildt: Donald Sutherland or Anthony Hopkins

Harry Dunning: John Turturro

This clearly is far from the whole cast, and I know my suggestions are far from perfect, but they're just to get this thread kickstarted and to see everyone else's thoughts on the topic...

So, what are your thoughts on who should be casted in the movie?

Default Re: Suggestions for the movie cast of 11/22/63...? [May contain spoilers]

Pictured Gwyneth Paltrow as Sadie when I was reading the book.

Default Re: Suggestions for the movie cast of 11/22/63...? [May contain spoilers]

I kind of pictured Deke as Tim Robbins. Even though Robbins probably doesn't look old enough, even with the white hair. And for Sadie I pictured someone Emma Stone-ish. Your cast looks pretty good, though.

I'm going to say it again....

Hugh Laurie as Roland.

That is all.

Sorry. Clicked on the wrong thread. Carry on.

...I suggest Jake's vintage car be played by a Fiat with aspirations...

I'm not very good at keeping up with actors and actresses names, it's just not one of things I do. But having read a similar thread a couple of weeks ago without an immediate impression, I now have one for Jake, Brandon Routh, the actor that played in Superman Returns. He seems to fit the bill for tall and about the correct age, lead experience, not over-exposed. I like Gwyneth for Sadie, but I believe she is too old to pull of the part.

If her blonde hair and blue eyes weren't critical in terms of casting (and they don't really have anything to do with the plot, so I wouldn't assume why it would be), I think Katie Holmes would be a good Sadie since she has the height and size of what is described in the book, and she already has that southern twang in her voice, as well as that insecure smile that she devastates the audience with. I definitely didn't picture her as Sadie while reading the book, but it's just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...I suggest Jake's vintage car be played by a Fiat with aspirations...
    Is photobombing GoogleMaps's picture of the Volkswagen HQ aspiring enough?

Attachment 15618

Quote Originally Posted by KRFox View Post
    If her blonde hair and blue eyes weren't critical in terms of casting (and they don't really have anything to do with the plot, so I wouldn't assume why it would be), I think Katie Holmes would be a good Sadie since she has the height and size of what is described in the book, and she already has that southern twang in her voice, as well as that insecure smile that she devastates the audience with. I definitely didn't picture her as Sadie while reading the book, but it's just a suggestion.
    And a bit of irony as she played Jacqueline Kennedy in The Kennedys miniseries.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast