Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Blooper in 'IT'

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blooper in 'IT'

Default Blooper in 'IT'

I'm new, and posted this in General Questions - guess it should have been done here...

On Page 542 (Hardcover edition of 'IT', published in 1986), there is a blooper, as far as I can tell. Ben Hanscom has JUST MET this woman, and has not provided any credentials, is not wearing a nametag, or anything else. Yet, after a few questions, she says "Is this a Joke, Mr. Hanscom?"... HOW DID SHE KNOW HIS NAME? My only assumption is that she is 'IT'... but nothing in the story suggests this. Anybody else have any thoughts on this? Is this a legitimate blooper the King has made?

Default Re: Blooper in 'IT'

Maybe she's telephathic

Wow, that looks like a bonifide blooper to me.

Of course, she could be pennywise, or the children's librarian could have called up and told her the guys name that was coming from the children's library, or we are to assume he had given her is name when he first walked up but we were privy to that converstation... All musing, but looks like a blooper to me.

I know ya'll are going to hate me for this.....but I can't help myself.....

I'm rereading IT. Eddie just got the crate of lobsters "with their claws pegged". That made me laugh. I forgot they used to peg them. But then he says "He kept thinking of the way they had slithered inside the crate, and the clicking sounds their claws had made."

Pegging prevents that.

I'm sorry. I don't read books looking for bloopers, and usually when I find one I just get past it. This one is sticking with me since I read it yesterday. I'm hoping by just typing it out, I can now just fawgetaboudit.

IT is one of my two favourite books. I absolutely love it.

I'm always amazed when people catch this stuff. I must be oblivious, because I never notice these things

I don't usually catch them, and when I do, it's no biggie. (Including this one.) I think it stuck out to me because of the pegs. I completely forgot that when I was a kid they used pegs instead of the rubber bands used these days.

And, I'm in lobster mode. Our wedding anniversary is coming up, and we had planned to have a lobster dinner. We have to delay because my husband has to go for surgery the next day.

Ben Hanscom had recently been in Time magazine,also its in a library where there is no noise at all,he told the library assistant he was looking for his son called Hanscom,maybe the sound of his voice travelled

Quote Originally Posted by champ1966 View Post
    Ben Hanscom had recently been in Time magazine,also its in a library where there is no noise at all,he told the library assistant he was looking for his son called Hanscom,maybe the sound of his voice travelled
    ...yep.....

IT is my all-time favorite Stephen King novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Todd View Post
    I'm new, and posted this in General Questions - guess it should have been done here...

On Page 542 (Hardcover edition of 'IT', published in 1986), there is a blooper, as far as I can tell. Ben Hanscom has JUST MET this woman, and has not provided any credentials, is not wearing a nametag, or anything else. Yet, after a few questions, she says "Is this a Joke, Mr. Hanscom?"... HOW DID SHE KNOW HIS NAME? My only assumption is that she is 'IT'... but nothing in the story suggests this. Anybody else have any thoughts on this? Is this a legitimate blooper the King has made?
    I just reread my book and introductions were exchanged in what I read.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast