Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Very disappointed with the short length, loved the book but expected much more

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very disappointed with the short length, loved the book but expected much more

Default Very disappointed with the short length, loved the book but expected much more

The book was wonderful as all the Dark Tower series was but it was far too short in pages for the price of the book. I preordered as I do with all his books but come on under 300 pages? Whats up with that?

Default Re: Very disappointed with the short length, loved the book but expected much more

Really? I never thought of buying books by the page. Interesting concept. Welcome and keep on posting.

Default Re: Very disappointed with the short length, loved the book but expected much more

When the story is told, the pages stop. It's the story, not the number of pages. Happy to hear that you thought the book was wonderful.

Well the title of this thread is very misleading

I'll get me coat!

I've always gone with quality over quantity myself. I thought all 300 pages of this book were quality with no filler. SK writes the story he wants to tell. Like another poster said, when the story is over, it is over.

...all I can say is, any number of places would have given you the length of the novel-even in pre-orders...

Just finished it and loved every page, all under 300 of them!!!

Sai King has always stated that he is just writing the story of Roland as though he were watching it, not creating it. The story has is and always will be in motion. He uses exactly as many pages as are required to tell the tale, no more no less.

Pretty sure the publisher sets the price.

You said yourself you thought the book was great, so just be thankful Sai King wrote it at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast