Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
WG made me throw up in a mouth a bit

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WG made me throw up in a mouth a bit

Default WG made me throw up in a mouth a bit

So, I am finally on WG, and about 140 pages in thus far. I was kind of disappointed at first that the book was predominantly going to be a "backstory" or "prequel". I kind of already miss Eddie, Suze, Jake, and Oy..... but I guess there will be more of them to go around later.

Anyhow, the entire part about Rhea really grossed me out. Did anyone else experience this? I was actually squirming, and feeling kind of revolted while reading about her "no no zone", and her giving Susan her "OBGYN physical". But once Susan got dressed, and that part was over, I just thought to myself... "well, Mr. King, Sai.. you sure do know how to tap all ends of the emotional spectrum". Haha.

Default Re: WG made me throw up in a mouth a bit

The only thing I've read that's ever done that to me is the story "Guts" by Chuck Palahniuk. And that physically made me gag.

But there are some uncomfortable bits in the DT series, for sure.

...he is also a practicing gynecologist in his spare time...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...he is also a practicing gynecologist in his spare time...

That part didn't really gross me out... Meh.

Keep reading. The prequel is a good story, but you haven't had your last queazy moment yet.

The story of Roland's past in Wizard and Glass is my favorite part in DT. It gets better!

I am on pg. 180 or so... I feel as though Im reading something from my 11th grade American literature class... like Ethan Frome. I miss Eddie!

Finished W&G the other day and now I'm on Wolves of the Calla and I must say I really enjoyed W&G. I liked it for the reasons (i) we find out why Roland went on his quest for the DT (ii) we find out how Rolands youthful arrogance

got his mother killed (iii) I just plain liked the book and so far I am enjoying Wolves.
    The part that made me gag was the ending and I don't know how to do the spoiler thing so I won't say it here but I was gagged with sadness.

Ive actually totally changed my mind about WG. Im on pg. 300..... its my favorite so far in the series. After getting to know Cuthbert and Alain, I kind of forgot about Eddie and Suze for the time being. What a fantastic story.

Im getting the idea that John Farson might be based on Che Guevara for some reason? The whole socio-political revolt brewing in the background is fascinating to me, as is the potential infiltration of the local government by Farson (via Rimer and the Blue Coffin thugs). So what finally sold me on this story? The incident at the Travellers Rest.... looks like the Blue Coffin boys have their hands full with our old school ka-tet.

Knew that would happen, unclelouie. PS: If you believe his interviews, he LOVES it when people have reactions like yours.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast