Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What happened next - Midworld? (Dark Tower Connection)

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened next - Midworld? (Dark Tower Connection)

Default What happened next - Midworld? (Dark Tower Connection)

Just wondering aloud here...the more I read the Dark Tower, the more I wonder how time moved on in the first place. I picked up The Stand for a re-read there the other day and now, wonder if maybe the annihilation of the human race was the basis of change for new world we read about in the DT books. There are definite similarities, with the desert scenes, quonset huts, even mentions of way stations, the Cisco tankers, Flagg and his eternally meddling nature and Farson's obsession with the leftover wartoys.

There are other things that don't quite fit - the robot/AI technology presented to us in the form of Blaine, and Andy the Messenger Robot in tDT, is way advanced in comparison to that of the pre-Superflu world of The Stand. I guess that survivors could have tinkered with what little metal and electronics were left over afterwards, but it all comes back again for me to the world getting over some disaster and moving on.
    There's no way to draw a line from Roland back to Arthur Eld from Fran Goldstein's or Lucy Swann and Larry's babies, I guess I just love the idea that the new world survivors' babies went on to form the basis of royal lineage in the court of Gilead.

Anyone else got any ideas on this? It's just for fun

Default Re: What happened next - Midworld? (Dark Tower Connection)

You know what... I think that's brilliant and I'm just going to put it in my personal Stephen King canon until Word of God says otherwise. That's all I've got to say on it.

Ah, the way everything ties together so neatly while still being so open to interpretation just blows my mind time and again!

Since this afternoon, I've also been thinking about

'watch out for the Walking Dude' graffiti all over Mid-world and the Topeka, Kansas part of the DT story where the ka-tet dismount from Blaine and find the town and little park with Charlie The Choo Choo completely deserted because it was devastated by the Superflu.
    Still doesn't tell us who Bango Skank was tho

...The Great Old Ones(who weren't as smart as they thunk)...I feel are not far removed from our current age...and gettin' all Biblical here, pride went before their fall....

wow that's deep i love it

Have you read Robin Furth's DT concordance LG? Ifnot it's definitely worth a read.Here's a bit of the time scale of Mid World

B.R.B -Before Roland's Birth

2,700 -1,700 B.R.B

The Great Old Ones,rulers of All-World-that was,create the cyborg Guardians to atone for their sins against the earth and against each other

1,800 B.R.B

The great Old Ones finally destroy themselves

690 B.R.B

Arthur Eld rises to power and rules the Kingdom of All-World

That was just a taster

Regarding Bango Skanks.Just search him on here ,there's been as few threads regarding him.He was first mentioned by Peter Straub in The Buffalo Hunter a short story in his Houses Without Doors collection circa1990

Can't say much, but Discordia delves deep into these concepts. Chapter II and III will answer some very interesting questions about the Great Old Ones. Not teasing, just thought you'd like to know.
    "One pixel can change everything."

Quote Originally Posted by champ1966 View Post
    Have you read Robin Furth's DT concordance LG? Ifnot it's definitely worth a read.Here's a bit of the time scale of Mid World
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian - Metro View Post
    Can't say much, but Discordia delves deep into these concept.
    Are you both referring to the same thing here, the Discordia game on the main site? I've been toying with playing it!

On my first DT journey and nearly half way through The Dark Tower. So, some of these ideas have been rolling around in my brain. I have been finding characters from other books. Some I have never forgotten, but weren't really expecting to turn up and one or two surprises. So I guess great minds think alike?

Quote Originally Posted by Learah Greene View Post
    Are you both referring to the same thing here, the Discordia game on the main site? I've been toying with playing it!
    ...toying & teasing...sounds like one of them videos I've heard about...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast