Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Movies OR TV Shows...

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movies OR TV Shows...

Default Movies OR TV Shows...

Hi all...
    I'm recently joined this forum and little bit confused about the drama shows and Movies.According to me These are different from each other because both have own equality.Tv shows are showing the reality about our life and movies are amazing thing which make entertaining throw the actions,views,graphics and many more..

Share with me your response...
    __________________________________________________ ________

Default Re: Movies OR TV Shows...

...TV, shows SOME reality, but there's as much "smoke & mirrors" on television-if not more, than in the movies currently...the line is blurred more and more everyday....

Quote Originally Posted by KingAdms View Post
    Hi all...
    I'm recently joined this forum and little bit confused about the drama shows and Movies.According to me These are different from each other because both have own equality.Tv shows are showing the reality about our life and movies are amazing thing which make entertaining throw the actions,views,graphics and many more..

I'm not clear about your question. Television broadcasts many kinds of things including movies, comedies, dramas, documetaries and other fiction and non-fiction programs, news. Of course advertisements, and sometimes only advertisements. Some of the TV programs, or shows, are what are called "reality" shows. These vary in format and subject matter, and are recordings of certain aspects of certain people's lives. Examples of reality programming include game shows, which have been popular for decades, as well as shows like Survivor, American Idol, The Apprentice, and Cops...

Wikipedia reference-linkReality television

Moving pictures, or movies, or films are defined here...

Wikipedia reference-linkFilm

I don't know if my limited knowledge and clumsy approach to helping has been helpful. I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by KingAdms View Post
    Hi all...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say English is not your first language...

There is, in my mind, no fundamental difference between television and movies. They are doing the same things, from a standpoint of being visual storytelling. The differences lie in the budget, the editing, the length of the finished product, and the process for exhibition. And, I suppose, in the censorship issues associated with being shown on some channels.

Otherwise, they are essentially the same medium.

I will go with movies comparison than Television shows because of movies has short script stories than tv shows. and i like short stories.

I think that KingADMS is looking at the division of forums here between Movies and TV productions. If that's the case, I think the answer you're looking for is that the forums are divided into Movies and TV because of where the production actually first was screened -- either as a theatrical release or as a made-for-TV production. For example, the Bag of Bones miniseries is in TV because it was produced for A&E; Misery is in movies because it was a big-screen production.

I don't know if it's Ok to post this in here, but I wanted to share this with you.

In the seventies, I watched a TV series that was presented in 2 or 3 nights that I recall. It was entitled : Frankenstein: The True Story. I don't know if any of you saw that series, but it was incredible. Actors were James Mason, Leonard Whiting, Michael Sarrazin, David McCallum and Jane Seymour to name just a few. A great cast with a great story. At that time, I was quite young and when I loved something going on on TV, I wrote to the actors or the crew to tell them how much I appreciated their work. That time, I wrote to the studios which in that case was Universal. I mentioned in my letter that I was going on a trip very soon to Hawaï, and that we would stop in LA on our back for 3 days, sightseeing all around, including Universal Studios. Guess what? When I came back home, I had a letter ine the mail from Hollywood. The director of the series himself answered my letter. His name was Jack Smight and he was mentioning that he was passing my letter among people involved in the production of the movie. He also said that if I had the chance to just give him a call at the studios while visiting ( a phone # was displayed and also an extension # ) in the letter. I didn't believe my eyes. I could have met this Hollywood director in person. The timing was just wrong. I was already back home. I was so deceived. I wrote him back, and he answered again, saying he was sorry we could not meet and sent me all kinds of stuff about the making of the series and nice pictures I still have. This director had passed away a while ago, but I am forever grateful that he was kind enough to reply to my letter with such incredible enthusiasm. Today, we have the web to contact our faves or talk about them. In those days, we could only write letters. Since I was still living with my parents at that stage, I didn't pick up the phone to call him long distance. Plus, I was a little bit scared that my words wouldn't reflect all the respect I had for this man. I loved his movie and I told him so in my simple words. My english was not as accurate than as it is today. A few days ago, I ordered the DVD of the movie through Amazon. I will re-watch it great pleasure. And I'm glad I can still see David McCallum on TV in NCSI. Husband and I are watching this show. If you ever have the chance to watch FRANKENSTEIN: THE TRUE STORY, please do. It's a great version of the Mary Shelley novel. You'll love the monster who is portrayed by the late Michael Sarrazin, a Canadian. He died last year by the way. A fantastic journey into a classic novel adapted differently. Enjoy if you ever have the chance to watch it. I know it's featured some times in late shows. I will treasure my DVD forever.

I remember seeing that Frankenstein movie! You're right, it is a good movie. I had totally forgotten this particular version. Thanks for the reminder.

Your are very welcome. I got my copy in the mail yesterday. I have forgot that it's a 3 hours and so story. Will watch it when it's very quiet around so I will enjoy it completely.

Well TV shows and Movies both are big part of entertainment as well as it's help to reduce the tensions and botherness and getting enjoyment. Even I also love music and TV shows just for pass the time and some time taking entertainment.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast