Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
TV show Revolution: Is it just me?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TV show Revolution: Is it just me?

Default TV show Revolution: Is it just me?

I've been watching that new NBC show, "Revolution" and, is it just me, or has anyone else noticed a lot of Stephen King related comments and situations? For instance, in one scene, the lead character, in response to a request for his name, says "I'm Stu Redman, and this is Frannie." Who are, as we all know, two main characters in "The Stand." In another scene, in a comment regarding prison, he says, "They're gonna Shawshank you!" Again, Stephen Kings creation; Shawshank Prison in Maine, in "The Shawshank Redemption." Not quite as blatant, a woman works on a computer in an attic, when we see only the rundown cowboy boots of a guy walking up to and into her house. She's terrified, and types, "Randall is here!" Need I say more about a guy walking in cowboy boots, named Randall, striking fear in peoples hearts? The final thing that caused me to start this thread was tonights show, where the characters find a group of orphaned kids, and one guy is not comfortable with this group and shares his trepidation to a woman, who says, "they're children!" To which he replies, "Yeah, children of the corn!"

I have not heard of Mr. Kings involvement in this show, and I have looked, but this a little coincidental! Maybe the writers are King fans, I don't know, but has anyone else noticed this, or perhaps knows something about this highly unusual circumstance? Let me know if youu have any info, or if anyone has noticed any other references that I missed. I look forward to other views on this!

Default Re: TV show Revolution: Is it just me?

More likely that the writers are fans as Steve is not involved with this show.

I always think it's cool when tv show writers give a nod to Stephen King ♥

J J Abrams is involved with this TV show. Anyone who watched the TV series LOST, also done by Abrams, is familiar will all sorts of SK Easter Eggs hidden within the shows. Guess the pattern continues.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Ho hum, just the price one's gotta pay to be a beloved cultural icon.

Nope it's not. There's another thread about this around here somewhere.

Spidey hit the nail on the head - Abrams is a big fan and talks about how much he likes a lot.

Didn't a character in Lost make some not so charitable remarks about a King book during a book group?

What is Revolution about? I've not heard of it.

I just looked the show up on Wikipedia; it sounds a little like a futuristic Game of Thrones. Apparently one area of the former USA is called The Wastelands!

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    Ho hum, just the price one's gotta pay to be a beloved cultural icon.
    ...then there's THIS.....

Quote Originally Posted by fredthe3rd View Post
    Didn't a character in Lost make some not so charitable remarks about a King book during a book group?

What is Revolution about? I've not heard of it.
    Here's a link:

http://www.nbc.com/revolution/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast