This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ayko Madder! lol

Default Ayko Madder! lol

I am reading the page turnerīRose Madder, all filled with suspense, sympathizing with Rosie. Then, towards the end, comes the scenario with the tree and replanting of the evil, if you read it that way, and I did and I was so P-ed off. The whole story I am routing for someone who is also on the edge, and I am feeling sorry for her. How could I have fallen for it? Perhaps she was evil in a previous life and that is why ended up with such a brutal killer husband. A lesson of life, I would dare to say. But who knows? WHERE IS THE SEQUEL Mr King?

Seriously though, an amazing novel. That twist of evil losing at the end but not defeated is a typical horror story ending that comes so totally unexpected...Super novel!

Default Re: Ayko Madder! lol

...no sequel my friend...he made his point, and it's a linchpin of many of his writings...the indestructibility of evil...

The story would make a good Creepshow short, in my opinion. One complaint I do have with the novel is the ease at with Rosie was able to find a homeless shelter run by good folks. Imagine a runaway teen that is a Stephen King fan would believe it to be that easy and got mixed up with the corruption and sleaze that often accompanies such places. That bothered me a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayko View Post
    The story would make a good Creepshow short, in my opinion. One complaint I do have with the novel is the ease at with Rosie was able to find a homeless shelter run by good folks. Imagine a runaway teen that is a Stephen King fan would believe it to be that easy and got mixed up with the corruption and sleaze that often accompanies such places. That bothered me a little.
    Read it again. It might sound better.

I am reading the page turnerīRose Madder, all filled with suspense, sympathizing with Rosie. Then, towards the end, comes the scenario with the tree and replanting of the evil, if you read it that way, and I did and I was so P-ed off. The whole story I am routing for someone who is also on the edge, and I am feeling sorry for her. How could I have fallen for it? Perhaps she was evil in a previous life and that is why ended up with such a brutal killer husband. A lesson of life, I would dare to say. But who knows? WHERE IS THE SEQUEL Mr King?

Seriously though, an amazing novel. That twist of evil losing at the end but not defeated is a typical horror story ending that comes so totally unexpected...Super novel!

I bet you gave a great book report in school.

I just read that part. I must say it did bother me too.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    Read it again. It might sound better.
    Your statement is a paradox so before I read it again deparadox your statement. By the way, how is bleavis?

Your statement is a paradox so before I read it again deparadox your statement. By the way, how is bleavis?
    What I know is my statement is not a paradox. What I don't know is what my statement is. I'm not saying I don't know what I'm saying nor what my statement was.

I think what I wrote was a metaphor.

...naw, it were a semaphore...and paradox is good for getting stains out of whites....

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    What I know is my statement is not a paradox. What I don't know is what my statement is. I'm not saying I don't know what I'm saying nor what my statement was.

How can it sound better when I am giving friendly advise to protect innocence and young ladies while you try and ridicule that? It is a paradox because I could never find a good sound in something that is corrupt and abusive to the innocent. Perhaps you didn't know that but, now you do!

It was definitely not a metaphor. You want to know what a metaphor is? A blunt is a leftover part of a drug that someone saves for desperate times. That is a metaphor.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast