Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
In Case You Wonder Why My Avatar is Gone...

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In Case You Wonder Why My Avatar is Gone...

Default In Case You Wonder Why My Avatar is Gone...

When I first registered here as DUXe many years ago I chose a burning candle as an avatar pic for obvious resons. More recently, I updated my account with my name, Ayko, and I wanted to choose a new avater pic with The Devil Master but, the system will not allow it. My Opa wanted to become a member here but he cannot because the clicks and sections are so complex with no explanation I must presume whoever designed this Site wanted to make sure only certain people come so far. Of course, I realize this is not the doing of Stzephen King so, no worries. However, I am keeping a blank avatar pic from now on to protest until somebody can explain how I may load my Devil Master buddy in as avatar pic. Do not start with mobbing words that I need only click on avatar edit, we tried that. Also, why is the Site sooo user unfriendly. My Opa would also like to register...

Default Re: In Case You Wonder Why My Avatar is Gone...

We use software from vBulletin. It was what worked for us when we were searching for message board software that allowed moderation and our Beta testers found it easy to use. Perhaps taking a few minutes to read through the FAQ might answer some of your questions about how the Board operates.

From the FAQ in the section for Signatures, Avatars and Profile Pictures:

Avatars are small images that people use to identify or distinguish themselves to other forum members. We provide some stock avatars people can use, but we do not allow members to upload their own custom avatars from their own computers. The avatar you select will be displayed as part of the user info in your posts, as well as in your public profile.

...and the sheets are wrinkled, the towels are hanging crooked and there aren't any of them little shampoos and conditioners!!!!...

great googly-moogly....you mean...you actually have to read the instructions first ?!?!!

heavens to betsy !

what'll they think of next....

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...and the sheets are wrinkled, the towels are hanging crooked and there aren't any of them little shampoos and conditioners!!!!...
    This is why I love you......

I've always found this site to be extremely user friendly.

I'm living proof the SKMB is user friendly. I'm almost computer illiterate but I'm getting around okay. Now... if I could only figure out how to use those little smiley faces in my posts...

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Gust View Post
    I'm living proof the SKMB is user friendly. I'm almost computer illiterate but I'm getting around okay. Now... if I could only figure out how to use those little smiley faces in my posts...
    Just click on the smiley face you see in the top row above the text box and the emoticons will pop up (assuming you don't have pop-ups disabled), find the one you want to use and click on it and it should appear in your text box. I've had problems sometimes if I'm trying to do that at the same time the page is auto-saving and have to retry a time or two--just an FYI in case that happens to you, too.

though I find it odd,Ms Mod,that in a SK forum,this smiley is not available..oh,just kiddin,guess that one does go a little too far..though a gunslinger like the Gnt would probably like it too!

Can't imagine why vBulletin doesn't have that option as part of their emoticon package.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast