Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Any Pinteresters Here?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Pinteresters Here?

Default Any Pinteresters Here?

I am totally addicted to Pinterest. I go there and see great things I want, amazing projects I want to try, creative people I admire. Do you have a Pinterest pin you'd like to share?

Here's one I'll post. It's little tips and tricks to make life easier. I'll have to try some of these. Scroll down.

http://www.fullpunch.com/random/maki...-13-tips.html/

Default Re: Any Pinteresters Here?

Yea sometimes.

Eveything you always wanted to do.. so cute. but wont.. Well, maybe.. fun chicky site fer sure.

I love Pinterest! It's a great source of ideas. I know a lot of people pin things they'll never use, and that's totally fine--it helps the site work better, actually--but craft- or decor-wise, most of the things I pin are ideas I actually use (or consciously decide not to). Not directly, necessarily, but I'm always making up my own projects from ideas I get there. That is, I apply techniques I learn there to my own applications. Like recently, I did some glass etching on a wine bottle, creating a "label" with our last initial on it (and cool "torn" edges I made by ripping painter's tape in half the long way and using them as etching stencils), then I painted it, but not on the outside like you see all over Pinterest; I mixed up a custom color with hobby acrylics and a little water and rolled it around the inside to coat it. Turned out very cool ... except I did learn that etching on colored glass creates a really subtle effect, more subtle than I wanted. Anyway, the parts about that I got from Pinterest were: 1) how to do glass etching in general, and 2) wine bottles + paint = cool. The masking tape thing was just an experiment I thought of midway through the project.

I just got another really cool idea ... hmm ...

I love creating things! And I love Pinterest!!

I have done so many projects from Pinterest inspiration, it's crazy. I love that place.

That reminds me of a site we use called LifeHacker dot com.

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    That reminds me of a site we use called LifeHacker dot com.
    Pinterest is *kinda* like Lifehacker. But more image focused, less texty; more crafty/cooky/home decorey, less geeky; more estrogeny, less testosteroney. (I love Lifehacker too.)

...Life Hacker??...

...sounds like a great title for another King "true Crime" novel...or a low-budget SyFy Network flick...

Life Hacker is an actual site? Thing? Entity? I thought it was a joke meaning "you have no life and Pinterest becomes your life" sort of joke. Your life is hacked into by frivolous internet places.

Am I saying that right?

My daughter spends hours on pinterest...she loves it!! We made some delicious chocolate caramel cookies that she got from this site. They were awesome, great site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast