This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: the evanescent Abra Stone

Cool the evanescent Abra Stone

OFFICIAL BLURB FOR DR SLEEP.

Then Dan meets the evanescent Abra Stone, and it is her spectacular gift, the brightest shining ever seen, that reignites Danís own demons and summons him to a battle for Abraís soul and survival. This is an epic war between good and evil, a gory, glorious story that will thrill the millions of hyper-devoted readers of The Shining and wildly satisfy anyone new to the territory of this icon in the King canon.

Evanescent means: fading, dissolving like vapor, disappearing slowly.

I am thinking that:: Arba is a child caught in two separate time lines. Just Like Jake and Roland were. She is "fading" because her time line is getting weaker.

In one timeline she is never born, or dies very young. In another time line she is alive and with Danny.
    Time travel is not out of the question. It may also be that Danny and Abra, can travel to ALT-Americas like Father Callahan did.

It could be that Danny or Abra travel to 1979 and put the bicycle in the road for Jack Torrance to run over ...and then get sober. Some one had to put that bicycle there.

Danny was 5 in 1979 (my best guess) so this book (Dr Sleep) has to be set in 2012 or 13 In order for Danny to be 40+

. I hope KING doesn't do something funky like he did with: The Stand...he changed the dates from 1980 to 85 and then again to 1990 . He change the pop culture Ref's and everything .

I HATE THAT !

Ellie Gage is another contender for the Mom of Abra stone. There are many other also. Abra may even have come out of a picture ...Rose madder style.

One other thing. If the book takes place in 2012 , then Abra was born in 2000. If Roland got Irene Tassenbaum pregnant in June 20-21, 1999, ...the baby would be born Feb-March 2000.

Default Re: the evanescent Abra Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    OFFICIAL BLURB FOR DR SLEEP.

Then Dan meets the evanescent Abra Stone, and it is her spectacular gift, the brightest shining ever seen, that reignites Dan’s own demons and summons him to a battle for Abra’s soul and survival. This is an epic war between good and evil, a gory, glorious story that will thrill the millions of hyper-devoted readers of The Shining and wildly satisfy anyone new to the territory of this icon in the King canon.

Evanescent means: fading, dissolving like vapor, disappearing slowly.

I am thinking that:: Arba is a child caught in two separate time lines. Just Like Jake and Roland were. She is "fading" because her time line is getting weaker.

In one timeline she is never born, or dies very young. In another time line she is alive and with Danny.
    Time travel is not out of the question. It may also be that Danny and Abra, can travel to ALT-Americas like Father Callahan did.

It could be that Danny or Abra travel to 1979 and put the bicycle in the road for Jack Torrance to run over ...and then get sober. Some one had to put that bicycle there.

Danny was 5 in 1979 (my best guess) so this book (Dr Sleep) has to be set in 2012 or 13 In order for Danny to be 40+

. I hope KING doesn't do something funky like he did with: The Stand...he changed the dates from 1980 to 85 and then again to 1990 . He change the pop culture Ref's and everything .

I HATE THAT !

Ellie Gage is another contender for the Mom of Abra stone. There are many other also. Abra may even have come out of a picture ...Rose madder style.

One other thing. If the book takes place in 2012 , then Abra was born in 2000. If Roland got Irene Tassenbaum pregnant in June 20-21, 1999, ...the baby would be born Feb-March 2000.
    No.