This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting a tooth pulled...

Default Getting a tooth pulled...

I'm leaving in about 10 minutes.

I'm a wienie about dental stuff. I used to be brave, but then I had to get about Eleventy Billion Dollars (US) worth of stuff done, and now I get all clenchy just thinking about it.

This is a tooth that's already had a root canal and a crown, and there's a big old nasty abscess underneath it. The last time this happened, we found a cyst under the tooth when we pulled it. It was pretty disgusting, but kind of made it worth all the drama, even the dentist was a little shocked by it. So, I guess it wouldn't be awful to find something exciting this time, too. (What a sad little world I live in, that this is the sort of thing I look forward to. "Oooh, I hope the Dental Cyst Fairy left me something nasty!")

Anywho. Keep me in your thoughts. I'm hoping they pump me with enough novocain that I leave the office dragging one leg...

Default Re: Getting a tooth pulled...

(((Jen))) Sending positive vibes!

Yikes! I need laughing gas just reading this!

Good luck!

(((Jen)))

Positive thoughts!

Yuck - I hate going there. Good luck with all that and I hope the pain subsides quickly. (Eww - dental work!) Take lots of meds when you get home and rest...

Good luck and positive vibes Jen.

Sympathy and good vibes to you. The last time I had to have a tooth pulled I upset the dentist by laughing while he was tugging and pulling, it took him ages and I was lucky that I couldn't feel anything, it just got me thinking about a Laurel and Hardy film. I hope I never have to go back to the same one, he might give me a smaller dose of novocaine next time in revenge for me laughing

I'm back. Nothing disgusting (alas!) but they did give me nitrous. Which helped a lot because they had to drill IN MY JAW to get out a broken root. A lot. And stop to xray, then drill some more. You know it's bad when they keep cleaning up your face with wet gauze, I must have looked like Dexter...

I've never had nitrous before. I wish they'd sent me home with some. I tried to talk them into general anesthesia, but apparently they won't put you completely under at the dentist's office. So that was a nice compromise.

Now I just need to get the bleeding under control. Dang, how can vampires stand this stuff? Gah! Nothing hurts, they got me good and numb. They said it could be 10 hours. Yay me!

Quote Originally Posted by hipmamajen View Post
    I'm back. Nothing disgusting (alas!) but they did give me nitrous. Which helped a lot because they had to drill IN MY JAW to get out a broken root. A lot. And stop to xray, then drill some more. You know it's bad when they keep cleaning up your face with wet gauze, I must have looked like Dexter...

I've never had nitrous before. I wish they'd sent me home with some. I tried to talk them into general anesthesia, but apparently they won't put you completely under at the dentist's office. So that was a nice compromise.

Now I just need to get the bleeding under control. Dang, how can vampires stand this stuff? Gah! Nothing hurts, they got me good and numb. They said it could be 10 hours. Yay me!
    *gag*

Thank Goodness! Last time I had one pulled the dentist left a bit of it in there. I got the dreaded Dry Socket. Twice. They told me that is worse the pain of childbirth. I would not know. But it was terribles.

And keep yer tounge out of the empty hole. I am watchin.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast