This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: Our fuzzballs

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,847

    Default Our fuzzballs

    So my niece atomicinchworm posted a pic of her very poorly behaved cats in another thread, and I started thinking (I know right?) that we should share pics of our fuzzballs. Or they don't have to be fuzzy, actually. Here are ours.

    The little black guy is Ozzy. My husband's sister found him as a tiny flea-bitten kitten at the side of the road, too young to be weaned, trying to eat gravel. She and my MIL nursed him back to health, and then she basically abandoned him at our house, so we've had him since he was about five months old. He's our smallest, about six pounds. Ozzy is kind of a turd but very, very sweet and cuddly. It's hard to get a good picture of him because he's completely black--fur, whiskers, pads, gums, nose--and usually in motion. The second one is Whitey. He is Ozzy's son, believe it or not. He's my favorite. At 16 pounds, he's our biggest, but he's not as bad as he looks. He's big-boned! I swear he's never eaten any of the others. The third one is Whitey's sister, Little Miss. She is sweet but a little neurotic and drama queen-y and the only one with any potential whatsoever to actually, if it came right down to it, catch a mouse. And in the last pic, Skittles, our tall tabby, is looking kind of stoned while Ace sleeps in the background. This was taken last year, a few months before we had Ace euthanized. He was grumpy his whole life, but he thoroughly enjoyed all 18 crabby years, except perhaps the last few days, when he couldn't walk anymore.

    Okay wow. When is thinking about that going to stop making me tear up?




    Okay, that's my kitties. Just consider yourselves fortunate that we don't have any fish right now.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,080

    Default Re: Our fuzzballs

    Awwww....almost makes me want to adopt another cat. I don't think Thumper would appreciate the patter of little paws in his space (it's all his space ), though. Even though my dog, Cindy, was there first, he only puts up with her living there because he knows he has no choice. No pics I can share on this computer.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,847

    Default Re: Our fuzzballs

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Awwww....almost makes me want to adopt another cat. I don't think Thumper would appreciate the patter of little paws in his space (it's all his space ), though. Even though my dog, Cindy, was there first, he only puts up with her living there because he knows he has no choice. No pics I can share on this computer.
    Ace was our first cat as a newly married couple. We took him because my husband's uncle had just discovered he was allergic, so they decided to cut down (but not eliminate ) the number of cats they had. Originally they had rescued him as a kitten from a recreation area (I believe he was actually ON a rock in the lake), but he was five when we got him. After a while we realized he couldn't tolerate being alone--if he thought no one else was in the house he would sit in the middle of the biggest room and yowl/cry pathetically, and also he was over-grooming himself--so the next few cats we got were really for him, not for us. That's right: we got our pet his own pets. After that it just sorta snowballed.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,593

    Default Re: Our fuzzballs

    HTML Code:
    Ozzy is kind of a turd but very, very sweet and cuddly
    .
    Haha that had me chucklin Todash..very nice furry critters!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    10,280

    Default Re: Our fuzzballs

    Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    ...we don't have any fish right now.
    I wonder why...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    northern wisconsin
    Posts
    850

    Default Re: Our fuzzballs

    Beautiful cats! Don't worry Todash, no one here thinks it's weird that you got your pet his own pet. I think most of us understand perfectly!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,847

    Default Re: Our fuzzballs

    Quote Originally Posted by gniknehpets View Post
    Beautiful cats! Don't worry Todash, no one here thinks it's weird that you got your pet his own pet. I think most of us understand perfectly!
    Thanks! Speaking of beautiful cats, I would like to give a brief little shout-out to the Petsmart cat food, Authority. I have watched food after food change their ingredients to crap ("corn meal, chicken byproducts, metal shavings we swept up off the floor"), but Authority continues to have chicken as their first ingredient. And the cost is reasonable, especially if you buy the bigger bags. (I buy a 20 lb. bag about once a month or so and typically pay just a little over a dollar a pound.) It's a great, economical choice. And a healthy cat is a beautiful cat.

    So ... I need to see some fuzzy pictures, people.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    10,280

    Default Re: Our fuzzballs

    Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Thanks! Speaking of beautiful cats, I would like to give a brief little shout-out to the Petsmart cat food, Authority. I have watched food after food change their ingredients to crap ("corn meal, chicken byproducts, metal shavings we swept up off the floor"), but Authority continues to have chicken as their first ingredient. And the cost is reasonable, especially if you buy the bigger bags. (I buy a 20 lb. bag about once a month or so and typically pay just a little over a dollar a pound.) It's a great, economical choice. And a healthy cat is a beautiful cat.

    So ... I need to see some fuzzy pictures, people.
    That's good to know, Todash, thankee!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,926

    Default Re: Our fuzzballs

    Wonderful cats! I'll have to make sure I dig up some pictures this weekend. Right now we just have Paco, we are thinking about getting him a pet cat of his own, because he has been a little neurotic since Nuala died earlier this year.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,210

    Default Re: Our fuzzballs

    Todash - I love your kitties. Trust me on this. Shasta and Sundrop hear me rave on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about missing Mao Mitten Man and all the kitties I've met since I moved from L.A.

    I've posted pictures of Thinks-He's-Simba before, so please forgive me if these are repeats for any of y'all.

    Attachment 16498

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •