This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meteor shower

Default Meteor shower

Did anyone watch the meteor shower last night? I went out at 10:00 and saw a dozen shooting stars in less than a half-hour. Then I got too cold and went back inside. If I had known there would be so many that early I would have kept the kids up. But I was hearing it wouldn't peak until 3:00 AM, so I just assumed I wouldn't see any that early. It was a rare beautiful clear night, lots of stars out.

Default Re: Meteor shower

I did!!

Amazing stuff and like you said it was crystal clear and nature sure didn't disappoint!!

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    Did anyone watch the meteor shower last night? I went out at 10:00 and saw a dozen shooting stars in less than a half-hour. Then I got too cold and went back inside. If I had known there would be so many that early I would have kept the kids up. But I was hearing it wouldn't peak until 3:00 AM, so I just assumed I wouldn't see any that early. It was a rare beautiful clear night, lots of stars out.
    Nope. I didn't even know about it till this morning.

...I kept dropping the soap...

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Nope. I didn't even know about it till this morning.
    Me either.......Ah ha! Now those pictures of shooting stars that were on the news this morning make sense........Thanks Fushing!!!

If it's clear tonight, go outside and give it a try, there should be a few stragglers. I saw several by looking East/Southeast, also quite a few directly overhead. Dress warm and put a blanket over yourself. Let your eyes adjust to the darkness and you will start to see them, but be patient! Try to see as much sky as possible: you'll see them out of your peripheral vision at first and then you'll know which direction to look.

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    If it's clear tonight, go outside and give it a try, there should be a few stragglers. I saw several by looking East/Southeast, also quite a few directly overhead. Dress warm and put a blanket over yourself. Let your eyes adjust to the darkness and you will start to see them, but be patient! Try to see as much sky as possible: you'll see them out of your peripheral vision at first and then you'll know which direction to look.
    Thanks! I'm surprised my husband didn't have us set up to look ... That's how I know he's been so preoccupied with work. He's my skyminder.

My son and I watched after his birthday celebration last night. He just got back from college semester finals, had the birthday, and it was a good way to cap the evening.

I've never seen any meteor shower in my life. But have heard about them. And usually they come
    middle of the night and I am to tired to stay up.

I missed it........again

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast