This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mercy (aka Gramma)

Default Mercy (aka Gramma)

I was psyched to see they are making a full-length movie out of one of my favorite SK short stories, "Gramma"! The old 1980s Twilight Zone episode version (screenplay penned by Harlan Ellison) was excellent, one of the highlights of the series. There is a lot of potential here for a full-length movie, we can perhaps see some of Gramma's backstory, or maybe some of George's early days with Gramma before she got sick.

And how about Chandler Riggs (the boy Carl from the Walking Dead) playing the role of George?

What do you all think?

Default Re: Mercy (aka Gramma)

I've asked Jordan to open a new Forum thread for this and will move it as soon as that is done.

...oh heck yeah-this could be ultimately creepilicious!...

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    I was psyched to see they are making a full-length movie out of one of my favorite SK short stories, "Gramma"! The old 1980s Twilight Zone episode version (screenplay penned by Harlan Ellison) was excellent, one of the highlights of the series. There is a lot of potential here for a full-length movie, we can perhaps see some of Gramma's backstory, or maybe some of George's early days with Gramma before she got sick.

And how about Chandler Riggs (the boy Carl from the Walking Dead) playing the role of George?

What do you all think?
    Good choice.

Dylan McDermott - American Horror Story - Season 2/The Practice - is also confirmed as signing on.

I suppose it will have a slower build up to the climactic night and more background on Gramma's powers and how she obtained them. I hope it will be as good an expansion of the story as 1408 was.

The Twilight Zone episode was not bad, apart from when you get a close up on Gramma, she was not very scary looking at all. I hope they will do something similar to Zelda in the Pet Sematary adaptation.

I suppose this will be for cinemas, not tv?

I wonder why they changed the title though? Gramma is a cool title. I can imagine a cool poster for that movie.

Some speculation has been made that the title was changed to differentiate it from the Guillermo Del Toro movie "Mama" which is also in production.

Looking forward to seeing Mercy. Gramma is A GREAT STORY.

Looking forward to this. They seem to have a great cast in place, and a good crew too.
    The short story was excellent!
    Any news on a release date yet?

Release is now set for 2014 it seems. I think they can only give an exact date once the film is finished. So, it's still gonna be a while.

Hadn't heard that--will have to check to confirm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast