This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Misery the Movie

Default Misery the Movie

This is one of my favorite King adaptations so I thought maybe the movie should have a thread all to itself. To get it started, here is the review of this film that I have posted on my GetGlue account:

Best-selling novelist Paul Sheldon (Caan) crashes his car in a blizzard and is critically injured and stranded. Soon he is "rescued" by former nurse Annie Wilkes (Bates). Wilkes takes Paul back to her remote house in the mountains to nurse him back to health but when she discovers a copy of Sheldon's newest manuscript she realizes that Paul's book (if he ever gets to turn it in to his publisher) will kill off the heroine in her favorite novels. In the wake of this unsettling news, Wilkes treatment turns into torture and Paul finds himself trapped in a hellish world of pain and he must bare the consequences of Wilkes every upset. Most memorably, smashing his ankles with a sledge hammer as to "hobble" (immobilize) him all the while claiming to be his "Number one fan". A great Stephen King book and although books are almost never given their full justice in movie form, Kathy Bates sure did provide one hell of a performance! Caan was also worked very well for this role in my opinion and that hobbling scene.... Y-I-K-E-S!! Love this film! I recently re-watched it and find it is still as captivating today as it was when it came out.

What did everyone else think of it?

Default Re: Misery the Movie

You were just looking in the wrong forum--we have a separate one for the movies.

Sorry about that, I had gone to Dolan's Cadillac and seen "Dolan's Cadillac the Movie" there then went right to Misery and didn't see a movie category there so made one. Still new, sorry to take up your time. I'm getting the hang of it.

Quote Originally Posted by HPMcClendon View Post
    Sorry about that, I had gone to Dolan's Cadillac and seen "Dolan's Cadillac the Movie" there then went right to Misery and didn't see a movie category there so made one. Still new, sorry to take up your time. I'm getting the hang of it.
    No worries. Stick around and you'll have the hang of it in no time and in the meantime if you have any questions, either the FAQ or the members here are there to help you out.

...I think Paul needed one of these...

Quote Originally Posted by HPMcClendon View Post
    This is one of my favorite King adaptations so I thought maybe the movie should have a thread all to itself. To get it started, here is the review of this film that I have posted on my GetGlue account:

Best-selling novelist Paul Sheldon (Caan) crashes his car in a blizzard and is critically injured and stranded. Soon he is "rescued" by former nurse Annie Wilkes (Bates). Wilkes takes Paul back to her remote house in the mountains to nurse him back to health but when she discovers a copy of Sheldon's newest manuscript she realizes that Paul's book (if he ever gets to turn it in to his publisher) will kill off the heroine in her favorite novels. In the wake of this unsettling news, Wilkes treatment turns into torture and Paul finds himself trapped in a hellish world of pain and he must bare the consequences of Wilkes every upset. Most memorably, smashing his ankles with a sledge hammer as to "hobble" (immobilize) him all the while claiming to be his "Number one fan". A great Stephen King book and although books are almost never given their full justice in movie form, Kathy Bates sure did provide one hell of a performance! Caan was also worked very well for this role in my opinion and that hobbling scene.... Y-I-K-E-S!! Love this film! I recently re-watched it and find it is still as captivating today as it was when it came out.

I love this movie I could watch it over and over again. One of the best of SK'S

DEJOLANE

This film is great.
    It was the first King film that I saw, and book that I read.
    Acting is great.
    I can watch it over and over and still get goosebumps

uboo uboo do

Misery's my favorite sK movie. This is partly due to its fulfilling one of my passions, which is making Favorites lists. Caan's performance is one of my all-time favorites. I also love Misery because I discovered it long before I discovered sK himself and still loved it. Needful Things is another one I love and which I discovered prior to sK and which allows me to add to my Favorites due to Ed Harris' performance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast