Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Court Room Politics

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Court Room Politics

Default Court Room Politics

I think that some of these courts need over seeing. Most recently the court allowed a woman to be fired because her boss and bosses wife thought she was to pretty. That sex descrimination but these courts are stupid and currupt.
    "Dental assistant fired for being 'irresistible' to boss"
    http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...rld&id=8930318

Btw look at the sleezy grin on the docs face.

I think this is a political issue

Default Re: Court Room Politics

Wow, that's insane! What makes the arrogant prick think she would even be interested in him anyway? I can't believe this isn't viewed as sexual discrimination. Hopefully she can counter-sue for unlawful dismissal since she did nothing to warrant losing her job except him finding her too attractive. Horrible little man!

Iowa is both an at-will employment state and a right-to-work state, as are most US states. She could be fired for any reason or for no reason at the whim of her employer, as long as she isn't fired for being part of a protected class, and as long as she has no stipulated employment contract.

The woman never had a leg to stand on, legally. "Too attractive", "Poor performer", "The sky is blue today", "Because I felt like it", and "Was late twice" are all perfectly valid reasons for an employer to terminate the employee.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Hopefully she can counter-sue for unlawful dismissal since she did nothing to warrant losing her job except him finding her too attractive. Horrible little man!
    The suit was her's, so I don't think she can counter-sue (since that would mean suing herself)... But I think it was based in the state courts, so she maybe she has some possibility of a federal claim? And apparently the finding has support from other case history, even from other courts of appeal (who knew? read the full decision here).

....yep, this one goes into the "Goofy Sh*t" file....

Quote Originally Posted by Damaris View Post
    The suit was her's, so I don't think she can counter-sue (since that would mean suing herself)... But I think it was based in the state courts, so she maybe she has some possibility of a federal claim? And apparently the finding has support from other case history, even from other courts of appeal (who knew? read the full decision here).
    I wrote that post in a hurry and should have worded it more carefully. What I meant was hopefully a legal reason can be found for her to sue him, since it most definitely should never be acceptable for a woman to be fired purely because her boss and his wife are worried she is too attractive!

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ....yep, this one goes into the "Goofy Sh*t" file....
    Hi, Gentle!

The man is a grown man and I would imagine he has some control of his behavior? If he gets sexually excited just by looking at the happily married woman who has NO interest in him the problem is with him. He can get counseling and maybe some meds.
    So, what happens now? Every time he sees a woman that he is attracted to and around...are he and his wife going to have that woman fired, dismissed...sent away?

(I understand that he can fire her for any reason. However, he decided to make it public that he found her irresistible and he and his wife felt that she was a threat to their marriage.)

BTW-if I were his wife I would have him have a complete medical check up and set up an appointment with a therapist.

JMO.

Peace.

This is just horrable. Now you must look unattracive to keep your job or your boss happy.

Quote Originally Posted by king family fan View Post
    This is just horrable. Now you must look unattracive to keep your job or your boss happy.
    Hmm, I'm sure I can achieve that...effortlessly!

Really irks me that as usual it's the woman that gets the blame. Women may not be stoned to death in our society but misogyny, particularly in objectification, i.e.having men decide what is best for us (which really is about what is best for them) in our culture is still very much alive. By no means do I include all men with having that attitude but it's become more pervasive IMO in the last few years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast