Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Does SK know me?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Does SK know me?

Default Does SK know me?

Is it possible that Stephen King knows me subconciously?
    The reason for this is that the name Sharon features in Cell, and the date of the event is the 1st of October, which happens to be my birthday! Needless to say I was chuffed as pie when I saw these 2 connections in one book. I mean, what are the odds?

Default Re: Does SK know me?

I'm not a statistician, nor do I play one on TV, so can't provide you with odds but unless you've had the opportunity to actually cross paths so that he would have had access to that information, I'd say it's a coincidence or what some people call a ka-incidence here.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    I'm not a statistician, nor do I play one on TV, so can't provide you with odds

"...did you ever know that you're my hero?..."

..."Told ya we'd get her goin' Marsha!!!"....

Definitely a ka-incident just remember all things serve the beam and all is tied together by the strings of life

in the book 11/22/63 a character's name is Sadie (mine too) and she's 6 feet tall (me too) and a significant event in the book was my birthday, May 29th. How's that for ka-incident?

Okay folks, not to rain on anyone's parade--although I do that rather well --but there's over 7-billion people in the world! I'd be more shocked if these little "parallels" in fictional works didn't resonate with a minority of people, than by the fact they do.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Okay folks, not to rain on anyone's parade--although I do that rather well --but there's over 7-billion people in the world! I'd be more shocked if these little "parallels" in fictional works didn't resonate with a minority of people, than by the fact they do.
    That doesn't rain on my parade at all. There wasn't a "parade" to rain on. Obviously I don't honestly believe the coincidence was more than just that, but to a Stephen King fan, it just makes you feel good. My favorite author of all time has named hundreds of characters and one time, he chose MY name..."Sadie". Which isn't that common of a name to begin with and then he gave her the attribute of being 6 feet tall. It was just cool man, COOL!