Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Finally Finished. WOW!

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally Finished. WOW!

Default Finally Finished. WOW!

I started this book about six months ago and, after juggling between my job and my studies, I've finished (thanks to a 300 page marathon read to the end). If I took the time to state everything I love about this book, it would be roughly the length of the actual book. So, I'll just say WOW and I'll say thanks to an incredible author who wove together several horrifying and beautiful, heart-breaking and heart mending tales of Bill, Bev, Eddie, Ben, Richie, Stan, Mike, and all the others affected (even the terrifying Henry Bowers) into what can only be called an epic story. And

even though these heroes won't remember each other, and what they've done, anyone who has read this story will always remember them.

Default Re: Finally Finished. WOW!

Have you read "11/22/63?" I just finished it - the first half of the book takes place in Derry and contains many references to (and some characters from) "It."

This is exactly how I felt after reading the book.
    Congrats on finishing it! :]

...and what you wrote BW, is exactly why it remains one my Top 5...

I agree, I think sK had a good moment with IT.

I've re~read IT so many times that I forget how many times I've read IT...and I still feel like that.

Glad you enjoyed it.

I also just finished It a couple of days ago... I've been having dreams about the Losers Club every night since. The fact that they won't remember each other is the most heartbreaking part of the entire book. I am still trying to figure out what will happen with Ben and Bev, if they'll stay together and remember enough about each other to stay in love or not. I also wondered that if they were such good friends and knew that they would eventually forget each other why they didn't try to stay together so they wouldn't forget each other, even if they would forget what they did and why they were so close.

I read 11/22/63 a few months ago, and I remembered enough about It from the miniseries (which I saw when it was originally aired but haven't seen since) to kinda remember who the kids were, but now I want to re-read 11/22/63, at least the Derry portion of it, to see how much more I pick up on.

I also wouldn't mind reading a short story about Derry in the present day, 27 years after It, to see what's going on there now without It terrorizing the city.

I just re-read IT in December for the first time since it was first published, and it still held my attention captive. A very good book, a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by JordyVerrill View Post
    I also wondered that if they were such good friends and knew that they would eventually forget each other why they didn't try to stay together so they wouldn't forget each other, even if they would forget what they did and why they were so close.
    My personal feelings on the this are as follows (and I could be very wrong):

They were brought together to do their purpose to serve the Beam twice. I think the events and the magnitude of what happened are really too much for the normal mind to contain. They would have spent their lives dwelling on it if they didn't forget and move on. They were brought together with ka to do what they needed to do but in order to fullfill the rest of the purpose in their lives they had to move on and the only way to do that was to forget.

Just my opinion, though.

I'm made up for you BoogieWoogie, I felt exactly the same way 1st time I read it, and when I re-read it for the first time recently. I challenge anyone who has read it to not be touched by at least 1 of the losers. It is a massive book, both in size and content. I also loved 11/22/63 so much more for the above mentioned reasons.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast