This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite SK item in your collection?

Default What's your favorite SK item in your collection?

I know a lot of us have collections and it just hit me that I'm curious about what you guys love.

So tell me what your favorite item in your collection is. It can be a book or something totally different. It's also a good opportunity to talk about all of the cool stuff that's out there.

I have two favorites and I love them both for the same reason - they were incredibly thoughtful gifts.

1. My Fantasy and Science Fiction with the first story of the Gunslinger. This was a gift from my ex (I know I've talked about this on here previously so I apologize) and it started my fervor for collecting. I felt like I was holding a piece of history that I didn't even know existed. It was wonderful that he did the research and found it for me. And this was before the Internet was super popular so he must have done a lot of work. He was a thoughtful guy like that.

2. A few years ago I got to go meet Mr. King - on my birthday. I was so incredibly excited. The night before we left for our road trip my husband brought me a dozen roses. In the vase he had taken a little toy gun and painted it to look like Roland's gun. It was so sweet! I still have that little gun and I LOVE it. It's on my SK bookshelf. (Yes, I only have one ridiculously over-flowing book shelf!) He took so much time to paint it and make it look old. I tried to save a rose too but my cat made sure that wouldn't happen! Every time I see it I reminded of that experience.

So what do you have that you love?

Default Re: What's your favorite SK item in your collection?

...my little black bear with the red eyes and emroidered SK items all over it.....

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...my little black bear with the red eyes and emroidered SK items all over it.....
    Really? I want to see that.

Shasta, that's a wonderful story, you sound like a lucky girl! I love my old SK books I have, eyes of the dragon, cujo etc..They look so retro and they are hard covers. I need to have all of the hard covers, I'm almost there!

Attachment 16618...hopefully that shows the little critter...Tracy was kind enuff to snap a pic....

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    Attachment 16618...hopefully that shows the little critter...Tracy was kind enuff to snap a pic....
    That is seriously cool.

My imaginary lobstrocity.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I know a lot of us have collections and it just hit me that I'm curious about what you guys love.

So tell me what your favorite item in your collection is. It can be a book or something totally different. It's also a good opportunity to talk about all of the cool stuff that's out there.

I have two favorites and I love them both for the same reason - they were incredibly thoughtful gifts.

1. My Fantasy and Science Fiction with the first story of the Gunslinger. This was a gift from my ex (I know I've talked about this on here previously so I apologize) and it started my fervor for collecting. I felt like I was holding a piece of history that I didn't even know existed. It was wonderful that he did the research and found it for me. And this was before the Internet was super popular so he must have done a lot of work. He was a thoughtful guy like that.

2. A few years ago I got to go meet Mr. King - on my birthday. I was so incredibly excited. The night before we left for our road trip my husband brought me a dozen roses. In the vase he had taken a little toy gun and painted it to look like Roland's gun. It was so sweet! I still have that little gun and I LOVE it. It's on my SK bookshelf. (Yes, I only have one ridiculously over-flowing book shelf!) He took so much time to paint it and make it look old. I tried to save a rose too but my cat made sure that wouldn't happen! Every time I see it I reminded of that experience.

So what do you have that you love?
    You just reminded me of the time (early '80's) when my older sis (unbeknownst to me) sent a really long letter to SK asking for an autograph for her to give to me. Months later an envelope with a hand-signed/inscribed/dated postcard arrived in the mail on a day when I just happened to be visiting her! She opened it up and out fell the postcard. We both jumped up and down, screaming!! I still have that postcard in my bookcase, next to my Dark Tower books!!

My signed copy of Pet Sematary......and the photos from the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    My signed copy of Pet Sematary......and the photos from the event.
    Yeh, mine would have been my signed FDNS but since I no longer have it I'd have to say the photographs from the evening since they are a reminder that I was actually at the book signing. Second would be the pop~up version of TGWLTG that the delightful Patricia~A gave to me. I love that story and have always wanted the pop~up version...thankee Patricia.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast