Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What's the coolest way you've ever read an SK story?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the coolest way you've ever read an SK story?

Default What's the coolest way you've ever read an SK story?

Okay, I'm a little late in posting this, but I guess it's still a good story...

On December 20th we had a blizzard. It snowed all day, and most of Wisconsin was closed. We got about 20" of very heavy wet snow, and then the wind started to gust. Trees fell and the power went out. My husband and I found ourselves sitting in a slowly cooling house with just candles and a battery operated lamp. No TV. No computer. No heat. What to do, what to do? It seemed there were only a couple of options, so - yup, you guessed it, I took my flashlight and retrieved my copy of The Wind Through the Keyhole from the bookshelf! Grabbed a blanket and my booklight, and settled in on the couch to read about the Starkblast while the wind continued to howl! It was the perfect way to read an excellent story!

Default Re: What's the coolest way you've ever read an SK story?

I layed down on a slab of ice and read Storm Of The Century. It was pretty cool. Does that count?

...poolside in Myrtle Beach...was afraid if I got any nearer the water, whalers would try to harvest me blubber...

I read Beachworld while at Popham Beach State Park one summer.

OK this is funny maybe but I was with my mother and my grandmother in the car and my mom she drove and I knew the
    car trip is gonna be boring so I took From a Buick 8 with me and a flashlight because it was late evening and dark in the car.
    Unfortunately the battery end in the flashlight, so I sat there in the dark car and was angry cause I wanted to read, when I realize
    that Hey the car have a reading light, so I put the light on in the car (I sat in back seat) and continue with the reading.
    Stupid blond why I didn't realize that before I even took the flashlight with me. Much more easier with the light in the car.
    Don't know if it's a coolest way.

I seem to remember reading a sK passage which had to do with crashing thunderstorms while that's exactly what was happening right outside the house.

My favorite place to read is in a restaurant, preferably this little Italian hole-in-the-wall where I order a salad with hot chicken strips and beer. I read til the food arrives, eat, then relax and spend the rest of the afternoon reading and finishing my beer. I always order the beer that comes in the big glasses.

Something similar to you Tower. Hurricane season and The Dark Tower was just published. Sitting in a manufactured home, no lights, battery TV, flameless candles and flashlight in hand. Determined I'd know the fate of Roland before that hurricane blew me off the planet!

I don't know if I'd call it "cool", but reading "It" on a Greyhound bus going through Ohio during a blizzard was certainly memorable!

Maybe cool, but definitely my most memorable:
    I worked for SK's publisher when Riding the Bullet first came about and I was asked to read it on an e-reader (big bulky thing; can't remember who made it) in the office before it was available to the public. I guess this was around 2000 or so. I remember loving the story but hating having to use the e-reader to read it.

It was SK, but it was horror comics. I don't think King was publishing at the time.....

i was visiting my cousin. I always thought her house was haunted. It's HUGE. And OLD. And the front room was rented out as a funeral parlour. (Seriously...who does that? Lol)

Anyway, no dead bodies while I was staying there, so, we sat every day in the funeral parlour room, reading horror comic books, eating chocolate Popsicles, and listening to Jimmy Osmond's album.

It would have been a great place to read Kng's books.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast