This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help required

Default Help required

Please help me,I remember reading a book at least 20 years ago.I'm 90% sure its a SK story.Probably a short story,maybe even a short story within a novel.The main character is a hitman,but more like the character played by Edward Woodward in the Equaliser
    The main part I remember is that the guy gets into that line of work when some local hoodlums keep driving their car over an old womans garden including her letterbox.So he concretes a metal post into the ground behind said letter box.The next time the hoodlums drive into it it causes a fatal crash.I also vaguely remember someone being dangled from an overpass into flowing traffic.Any help in this matter will be much appreciated

Default Re: Help required

Could it be a Lawrence Block story, one of his hitman pieces?

Unhappy Re: Help required

Thankyou Bev,but no I haven't read any Lawrence Block novels *hangs head in shame*.I'm beginning to think it isn't a SK novel.Got a lot of novels in my head to trawl through now

Got a lot of novels in my head to trawl through now
    Allow me to help...

The funny thing is -- this sounds really familiar to me, but I can't place it.

I've read every SK book,so that in itself makes it difficult.If it isn't SK then Robert R McCammon would be my next guess.I lend my mum every one of my books (I collect them,she just reads them) so I was hoping she might remember,to no avail.I've tried googling key words.Trawling (lol) through book synopsis',but no luck

Yayyy I've found it at last,it's took me best part of 2 years.It was on one of my bookcases all along.The character is called Repairman Jack in a book called The Tomb by F Paul Wilson he wrote The Keep which was made into a film.Breathes a great sigh of relief

Quote Originally Posted by champ1966 View Post
    Yayyy I've found it at last,it's took me best part of 2 years.It was on one of my bookcases all along.The character is called Repairman Jack in a book called The Tomb by F Paul Wilson he wrote The Keep which was made into a film.Breathes a great sigh of relief
    ...well heck, it was right here all along!...all those stress hormones fer nuttin'!....

So now that you've remembered it......would you recommend it?

I would reccomend all F Paul Wilson books,start with The Keep a great vampire book.

Wikipedia reference-linkF Paul Wilson

Thans for asking Sundrop

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast