This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just finished this Book

Cool Just finished this Book

I was pleasantly pleased with this book. At first I was a little apprehensive about the story line. I finally gave in, because I wanted a long story to indulge in and the reviews were amazing. I wish I could thank Stephen King personally for a great story. I also appreciated all the Maine references - and yes I am from Maine. I am recommending this book to all my friends.

I am a fourty-something woman. I met Stephen King when I was about 10 years old and I did not know who he was. My mom made me go to a book signing at a local hardware store, sometime in the mid/late 70's. I still remember the visit - there wasn't a line, but I go his autograph and he listed the novels he had written - only 3 at the time. The reason why I remember the visit, is because my mom made me go and I think she wanted to meet him herself. Anyway, years later, I came across my autograph book, with his signature. Of course at the time I found it, I now knew who I met back then.

Bravo on a great book. I would have liked Jake to go back and marry Sadie, but the ending is fit - great job on the idea to Stephen's son for coming up with the idea for the ending.

Now, what to read next????

Default Re: Just finished this Book

a book signing at a local hardware store,
    ..."mind the spittoon Mr. King, and watch out fer the washboards now!"......

I really enjoyed the characters in this book but overall, not one of my fav's...Maybe it was all the JFK stuff, not that I don't care about it, just doesn't get my blood pumping, sorry!

I just finished the book. Such a good read, especially for those who have had "another lifetime." I am so glad that Stephen's son came up with the ending. It was my choice from the get-go. So many possible endings...nicely done. Bravo!

I just finished this book too! It was like the Stephen King of Salem's Lot days was back! I couldn't wait to find out what happened but I didn't want the book to end. And I just love that a sweet, poignant love story was woven into this story. I just loved this book. I think it would make a great mini-series too.

PeppermintPatty, I couldn't agree with you more! I couldn't wait to get home from work to pick up the book until I fell asleep reading it. I even brought it to work and snuck off to read it. I fell in love with Sadie,

even shed a tear when she was shot.
    Loved it!

yeah 11/22/63 is a kick ass novel, im planning to read it again maybe next week

I started reading it a month or so ago between computer sessions at the library. I couldn't take it home because I had gone over the $10 limit for fines. Monday I paid enough to check out a book, read almost all of it last night. Whoohoo! I was just delighted. Can't go into any detail now because the spoiler tags are mystifying me for the moment, I just joined.

My first Stephen King book was Carrie, back in the 70's. This book, 11/22/63, sounded incredible. I was 9 yrs old when Kennedy was killed. I started reading and just couldn't put it down. I am a child of the 60's and was a teen of the 70's. Too young to remember the late 50's, but wow. I can not wait for the film to come out. Suggestion- Matt Damon would be great as Jake/George. Sadie is tall. I am a tall woman and slender as King's Sadie is. Nicole Kidman- maybe too old, or perhaps, Gwyneth Paltraw, spelling is wrong, you know who I mean. Gwyneth, would be amazing as Sadie. She may be tied up though doing more Iron Man films- i.e. Pepper Potts. When is film slated to be released???

Didn't read it when it first came out. Picked up at library before the big snow. thank god I did, finished it in 3 days snowed in. not a history buff or into politics, but that's not whatthe book was about. Pleasantly surprised. I'm glad I had a reason not to leave the house, couldn't put it down. Loved the ending.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast