Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
charlie the choo choo

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: charlie the choo choo

Lightbulb charlie the choo choo

I'm wondering if I am the only one who really wanted to find out the real story behind "charlie the choo choo" children's story?
    I do remember when the group was in Topeka and Jake saw Charlie, at least it's implied that it is, and the headlight turns on for a moment, I think...
    and it's like the part of the story ("charlie the choo choo") in the middle, when Charlie cries his "oily tears"...
    anyways, it's not really part of the plot of the DT series otherwise, I just always wished Sai King had put that in there. What really happened w/ that train and how the author came upon knowing it, and why and how they decided to write a childrens book about it.
    Thoughts?

Default Re: charlie the choo choo

...that whole scenario was creepy good...I'd like a bit of fleshing out as well, if the time ever permits...

Quote Originally Posted by charlotte98 View Post
    I'm wondering if I am the only one who really wanted to find out the real story behind "charlie the choo choo" children's story?
    I do remember when the group was in Topeka and Jake saw Charlie, at least it's implied that it is, and the headlight turns on for a moment, I think...
    and it's like the part of the story ("charlie the choo choo") in the middle, when Charlie cries his "oily tears"...
    anyways, it's not really part of the plot of the DT series otherwise, I just always wished Sai King had put that in there. What really happened w/ that train and how the author came upon knowing it, and why and how they decided to write a childrens book about it.
    Thoughts?
    Maybe someday it can become part of a story within a story book, like The Wind Through the The Keyhole. I'd like that!

Definitely one of the creepier pictures from the series...

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    Definitely one of the creepier pictures from the series...
    ...let me help you Bob...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post

I literally gasped aloud when I scrolled down and saw that.... *SCARY AS HELL*... OMG!!
    Yes, wouldn't it be wonderful if Sai King could write more about Charlie?? That would be very interesting. Like, who was the conductor, in real life? How did he end up in Topeka, in the world of "the stand"? So many questions I want answers to!! For some reason I couldn't get this storyline out of my head.
    I wonder how much of it is in part due to the fact that although my name is Charlotte, when I was a young girl, and still to this day, my nickname to my family has always been "Charly".
    I guess in high speech, my name means something about death. *shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post

I love this picture. I love how it fits with SK's description, the viewer not sure if the Choo Choo is happy or demented, not sure if the children are happy or terrified.

i know! the kids look super terrified, and the engine is taking some serious pleasure from that!
    i'd love to see Sai King do a short story about Charlie the Choo Choo that just shows a different side of him. Something like "The Little Sisters of Eluria" did for our gunslinger.