Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
11/22/63 plot straight out of the twilight zone?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: 11/22/63 plot straight out of the twilight zone?

Default 11/22/63 plot straight out of the twilight zone?

Hello to all of you out there. I've been a big SK fan as soon as I graduated from reading the Hardy Boys series! Yup, I read It and The Stand when I was 11. My cousins thought I was crazy spending summer vacation with books thicker than the Bible. Anyway, I just finished reading 11/22/63 and enjoyed it thoroughly. I also recently downloaded the Twilight Zone series from the 80's. Goes to show my tastes in books and films. I was midway through the first season when I came across an episode entitled "Profile in Silver". After finishing it, I could not help but notice the startling coincidences with 11/22/63; the plot, premise and outcome after President Kennedy was saved by the protagonist, a time traveller TEACHING at harvard. I won't spoil this for you guys. Look it up for yourself.

The big question is : WAS MR. KING INFLUENCED BY THIS EPISODE OR IS IT THE OTHER WAY AROUND? I understand that this novel has been conceptualized way back in the 70's by our favorite author. If Mr. King saw this episode,I was just wondering why PROFILE IN SILVER wasn't mentioned in the prologue or epilogue in the book. I am not implying any plagiarism or anything negative here. On the contrary, I would be stupefied if it turns out to be one big, chilling coincidence.

Default Re: 11/22/63 plot straight out of the twilight zone?

....love the user name, but might I suggest one of these as an alternate?......Disopyramide, Quinidine, Procainamide.....

but i like the Sodium Channel...none of that saccharine, overly sweet TLC nonsense !!

my favorite show is Kolchak The Salt Vampire !!

I haven't seen this episode yet, but I just found it and plan on watching it later. I look forward to 11/22/63 becoming a movie and anything even remotely close to that would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by sodiumchannelblocker View Post
    Hello to all of you out there. I've been a big SK fan as soon as I graduated from reading the Hardy Boys series! Yup, I read It and The Stand when I was 11. My cousins thought I was crazy spending summer vacation with books thicker than the Bible. Anyway, I just finished reading 11/22/63 and enjoyed it thoroughly. I also recently downloaded the Twilight Zone series from the 80's. Goes to show my tastes in books and films. I was midway through the first season when I came across an episode entitled "Profile in Silver". After finishing it, I could not help but notice the startling coincidences with 11/22/63; the plot, premise and outcome after President Kennedy was saved by the protagonist, a time traveller TEACHING at harvard. I won't spoil this for you guys. Look it up for yourself.

The big question is : WAS MR. KING INFLUENCED BY THIS EPISODE OR IS IT THE OTHER WAY AROUND? I understand that this novel has been conceptualized way back in the 70's by our favorite author. If Mr. King saw this episode,I was just wondering why PROFILE IN SILVER wasn't mentioned in the prologue or epilogue in the book. I am not implying any plagiarism or anything negative here. On the contrary, I would be stupefied if it turns out to be one big, chilling coincidence.

I haven't seen the episode, but I just found where I can watch it and plan on watching it tonight. I'm really looking forward to 11/22/63 becoming a movie or tv series or something and this looks like something to kind of add in as a fix until then.